View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 13:24

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

AJ,

If you ever want to see what is in somthing low carb, go to www.netrition.com. They list the ingredients for everything they sell. Here's what in a Chocolate Decadance Advantage bar:

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Soy protein isolate, Hydrolyzed collagen, whey protein isolate. calcium/sodium caseinate), glycerin, polydextrose (Fiber), chocolate pieces (maltitol, alkalized chocolate Liquor, cocoa butter, lecithin, vanilla extract), cocoa Powder, cocoa butter, water, natural coconut oil (Non-hydrogenated), cellulose, olive oil, lecithin, Natural and artificial flavor, maltodextrin, guar gum, Citric acid (flavor enhancer), sucralose (splenda brand Non-nutritive sweetener). Nutrition Blend- Calcium (Tricalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate), magnesium (Magnesium oxide), vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D-3, vitamin B-1 (thiamin), vitamin B-2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin), natural vitamin E (acetate), niacin, Biotin, pantothenic acid, zinc, folic acid, chromium (Chromium chelate), vitamin K, selenium. This product may contain traces of nuts.

As you can see there is some maltitol in the chocolate pieces. Most of the bars didn't list any SA other than splenda. Glycerin can stall some people but I haven't heard of any stomach complaints from it.

Sometimes it is something else that bothers a person. My Mom can't use flax seed meal in anything or she's in the bathroom all day. I eat tons of it just to make a trip twice a week. Soy products seem to give me gas. Has anyone else noticed that?

As Hillary noted, the tortillas don't have any SA added.

Barb