View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 07:20

Plan: Medical Weight Loss Center
Stats: 238/220/175 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi Amika! Thanks for mentioning my issues...I have had my thryoid checked annually (always hoping that "might" be the problem) since both my mother and sister have been diagnosed for underactive thyroid. But mine always comes back within the normal range. It's soooo frustrating! I've had my blood glucose tested and all that stuff and always I come back normal. For a heavy woman I have really low cholesterol (159) and low blood pressure...always in the 120 or 1-teen ranges over the 60's or 70's. But then my family also has no cholesterol or blood pressure issues...strange about genetics huh? They were all seriously overweight people too...I saw a family photo one time with my uncles (5 of them) and my mom and grandparents all lined up in a row...and every one of them was Overweight - big bellies on the men and big hips/thighs/bellies on the women...woe with us all. And now I'm in the fight of my life at 50 trying to get down out of the 200's...it's been a lifelong fight and now it's harder than ever...I used to find some success with calorie restrictive diets (Weight Watcher's and some others) and lots of exercise...but I honestly don't have the stuff anymore for all that calorie sacrificing in addition to all that exercise (I mean an hour a day of aerobics). Best I can do now is walking and using the treadmill.

Thanks for your words of encouragement...no harm in asking my doc for another thyroid test (I have great medical insurance so all the tests are covered).