View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-01, 08:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/209/165
BF:
Progress:

It's ironic that you ask this question after what I wrote in my journal yesterday. I have been low carbing for close to 9 weeks (I weigh again on Monday). The following is an excerpt from my journal:

Why would we want to sabotage all the hard work we put into our weight loss program by returning to our “normal” way of eating? Our first reward to ourselves once we have lost our weight is a nice big portion of whatever we have dreamed of having when we reached our goal. Why is it that whenever we have reached our goal that we think that we can eat whatever we want. Have we lost our minds???

I have really thought about this program that I am on and about reaching my goals. I cheated in the first week of the program, and was really disgusted with myself. I started out my program by sabotaging it!!! Since the second week, I have been faithful to myself, and haven’t repeated my mistake. My thinking today is that overeating and using food for rewards while on my program just doesn’t make sense. Doing without the things that I enjoy while I am on this program is not a matter of depriving myself. It makes perfect sense. Those things that I am doing without are always going to be there, but right now, they don’t fit in with my program. They will cause me to either gain weight, or not to lose. They might make me feel good momentarily, but really make me feel unwell in the long run. I will be disappointed with myself for not keeping to my strong commitment of losing this heavy burden that is extra weight. How can I justify eating something that isn’t on the program? Why reward yourself with something that will sabotage your weight loss when the actual reward is the loss itself. How ridiculous can one be?