View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 12:27

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hi Rob. I'd suggest you get a copy of one of Suzanne's books. Any of them will do since she reapeats her plan in each one, but Fast and Easy is the most recent and therefore has the most up to date info. You can probably find them at a library or get them half price used on Amazon.com as I did.

Carbs can never be eaten with fats or proteins and vice verca. You may have carbs any time you like as long as they are whole grain, but Suzanne recommends you have them for breakfast or lunch so you have plenty of time to burn them off.

Veggies are a "free food" and can be eaten with either carbs or pro/fats meals and are the best snacks to have because you don't have to worry about how long to wait after your last meal before eating them.

Fruits should always be eaten alone.

The combining portion of Suzanne's diet is not scientifically proven, but many people (myself included) have found it to be very effective. If I separate my foods the way she suggests I lose very consistantly, but if I eat the exact same foods combined I do not lose.

There is no counting of carbs, calories or anything else on this plan, you simply adhere to the rules and eat until you are satisfied. At first you may tend to overeat but most people find that once they settle into the plan they feel satisfied after a reasonable size meal and don't overeat anymore.

It can take a couple of weeks or even longer for your body to adjust to the new regimen, but most people, once they start losing, lose a bunch of weight all at once. I lost a pound a day for two weeks! Then you will probably slow down and lose at a slower rate. Many people "jump start" themselves by doing Atkins induction and then switching to SS after that.

Good luck!

MB