Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 01:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/199/130 Female 65"
BF:33%
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GramnGramp
Here is something which makes really good sandwiches. I found the recipe here somewhere, but I can't find it anymore to give credit where credit it due. Hope they don't mind my posting it.
It can be eaten during induction because there is no flour in it.
There is only 1 carb per slice if it makes 12 "slices".
[U]

Gram...

I just wanted to thank you for this recipe. It *just* came out of the oven and I am thrilled! I just wish I was hungry so I could make a cheeseburger!

I am in the induction phase and I was really wondering if I could do this. I have been a vegetarian for a long time and the book clearly states that this is going to be rough for a vegetarian. Man, they weren't kidding!

I have been trying to find recipes that cover up the taste of dead cow, dead chicken, and dead pig. I finally realized that if I could make an old fashioned cheeseburger, maybe I could do this. Obviously, during induction a cheeseburger with all the fixings is out of the question. Then I saw the recipe you posted.

I even made this so it is LESS than one carb per slice (about 0.3-0.4 carbs per slice) and I LOVE this stuff! I plan on making it again in the morning and I want it crispy. CRACKERS! Yummmmm. Something crunchy other than celery. The only carbs come from eggs because I found carb free cream cheese. And you know what? I HATE cream cheese! But this stuff is great.

I want to thank you. Seriously, thank you! I cannot express how much this makes a difference for me. Something crunchy that is not in the veggie group!

Gram, I owe you one!
Michelle