View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 19:09
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Maybe get her some keifer to drink instead of milk. It comes in easier to open containers and I love the taste. IF she likes yogurt she'll like it.

Will she have PB and cream cheese in celery? You can also get the LaTortilla wraps. They are extreamly high fiber. Then make all kinds of roll ups. Do traditional tacos/fajitas. Do lunch meat and cheese roll ups, or peanut butter and jelly roll ups. You can add in lettuce and tomato with some chicken for a kind of samwich wrap.

String cheese is always a favorite. I wish the gogurts (yogurt in the tube) would come in plain unsweetened. My son loves them, but they are mostly sugar so he hasn't gotten any in months.

With the fruit cups, make sure they are in juice, not syrups. For the chips you can experiment with making sweet potato chips, turnip crisps, or cheese crisps where you cook the cheese into a chip like treat.

Making a quish can also work. Make one on the weekend, then just wrap up a piece and stick rest in the freezer. I don't think it needs to be refridgerated even between then and lunch time.

Get whole milk, plain unsweetened yogurt and mix in your own frozen fruits. It also is great with protien shake mix mixed in.

Cutting down on her sugar intake will definetly help with attention span and also energy levels. She won't have to be dealing with gluclose spikes followed by sever downers. It's like the crash down after a caffine high.

You might also want to include something along the lines of jerky, or other small snack she can have mid afternoon. Something small that can be eaten discreatly in class so she won't get in trouble. I know by the end of the day I was too hungry to pay attention in class.