View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 17:10

Plan: ?
Stats: 130/125/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:12%
Progress: 100%

Hi Kay
lately I've been trying to eat what i think makes sense for me and my likes, dislikes & health issues. Okay like for breakfast first i just eat 2 raw egg yolks in a glass. I'll sprinkle maybe some sea salt on them and pepper - but I don't mix them up too much because supposedly the molecular structure can get messed up my heavy mixing. I also will eat them in a mix with chopped pecans & banana slices or dates. But I don't eat dates too often because of the high sugar content. I don't heat my egg yolks because it tends to lessen the strength( I hate to use the word destroy here) of the B Vitamins, lecithin, EFA's etc. Within one week of me having 2-3 raw egg yolks every day, my skin became less dry - my nails started to to grow faster and didn't break, no more hang nails, and within 3 weeks I noticed my hair had grown faster too. I was amazed - especially since thiese results didn't involve me buying an expensive supplement!!

Then for lunch I may have either some of my chicken, grape, pecan, mayo, spinach salad....OR.....chicken(or beef), pineapple chunks & spinach(or lettuce)& mayo salad. I eat pineapples with protein because of the digestive enzyme present in FRESH (not canned) pineapple called Bromelain. This isgreat when you have freshly grilled hamburger, steak or chicken too!! But I don't grill my pineapple because of the heat!!

For dinner I will eat similar to my lunch. For fats I eta coconut oil (which I will add to my salads sometimes or my egg mixture) I don't eat alot of cooked food except for my meats - everything else I eat is raw (as much as possible anyway) and also I like some fatty meats like on a filet or bone marrow - my grandmother ALWAYS ate the marrow of the bone so I grew up loving it too!! Thanks Gramma

I really notice a problem with how i feel & look when I eat too much dairy, wheat, potatoes, BEANS (they kille me!!!) I think that's why I was drawn to the Paleo way of eating since it explained why I may have been having problems with these food groups.

I also try to stay away from alcohol but I'll have a margerita maybe once every three weeks, or some wine - but that's about it - although in reality of course it would be fun to be able to have a drink every weekend with no ill effects (but that's in fantasyland )

And that's about it except for my Cafe Mochas - I have those about 3 times a week - but i treat those like my dessert and if I have those i watch my other carb intake on that day

Hope that helps. My husband just told me that he is bringing home one of our precors from the gym and putting it in our garage. That is great because I do NOT do enough cardio and i want to do about 3-4 /30 minute sessions just for the health of my heart & good circulation. Sweating is so good for you - helps clean out toxins etc!!! And I'm too lazy to actually go down to our gym - does that make me lazy?

bye for now