#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 06:39
Renaissance Man

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 298/197.5/185 Male 66 inches
BF:26.08
Progress: 89%
Default Coffee make you sick?

Just wondering if it is the Atkins diet????????????
I used to start every day with 22 oz. of caffeine coffee, usually Green Mtn. Roasted and hated the few days when pending blood work made me wait until after the blood was drawn to have that first cup of coffee.
Then I started Atkins and refrained the first week, switching to an herbal tea. After a week, I bought a coffee and after two sips, found myself gagging and almost throwing up.
A week or so later, I tried another cup of coffee and had the same result only this time I actually had to stop the car and upchuck.
Since then I have had a cup or two of Twinings Irish Breakfast (which has caffeine) every day and have done well.
A week ago, after a long drive through the night to Maine, I wanted to wake myself up and bought a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts at 6 a.m. and sure enough, after a couple of sips....I was gagging again.
Is there something about Low carbing that would do this? Nothing else has changed in terms of what I like to eat, can eat etc. other than the fact I now eat a lot more protein, no fruit, few veggies...
Just wondering.
Sponsored Links