View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 13:37

Plan: Atkins-esque
Stats: 200/158/150 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

After having my children and realizing that after each birth I lost the baby weight and then started to gain ... "cleaning up" after the kids eat by finishing their food, bingeing on cake (my ultimate weakness) and cookies and just not really monitoring myself yet always feeling hungry, I knew I needed to work at something. I have never had trouble with weight until my 30's.

What started by husband and I off was my own thoughts boosted by his sudden interest in giving up "white" foods, such as rice, potatoes, etc. I knew if I didn't take the bull by the horns at that moment I would lose his interest and I wouldn't be able to do the WOE by myself with a house full of tiny people who burn carbs like nobody's business, plus a carb-loading husband.

So, without even telling my husband, I put us into Atkins' Induction. He lost 10 pounds the first week. He was hooked.

Now, we have a plan and goals and can discuss portions, whereas, before this WOE, he felt as if I was depriving him if I suggested smaller portions.

This plan has been a saving grace in more ways that weight.