View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 10:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5ft 6 in
BF:44.9/40.6%/??
Progress: 20%
Talking

In Nov 1999 I started taking Wellbutrin for my depression and it was also rec to help me stop smoking. To date I am 2 months away from celebrating 5 yrs SMOKE FREE! A wonderful side effect is that my sex drive was wonderful and I started excercising and dieting (all of a sudeen it was a no brainer that you took care of yourself) so 30 lbs later my life was wonderful. Then my brother died from un-diagnosed lupus. Needless to say I hit rock bottom and it was a long time before I was able to get back on track. I yo-yo'd from then on when it came to dieting. I was also an alcoholic and new that alcohol with my medication was not doing me any good, and the weight I gained and bloatedness was all a result in my alcoholism. It wasn't until Jan 1, 2001 that I had the strength to tackle my alcoholism. I have not had a drink since. I had never felt better in my life and the weight started to melt off without even trying. Before I new it I had substituted my alcohol for a pint of decadent ice cream every night and again the weight is back on plus. (Boy do I sound pathetic) So here I am smoke free, alcohol free AND heavier than I've ever been before!
I take 400mg a day of Wellbutrin (200mg tabs 2 x's a day, they must be taken 4 hrs between each dose) I also take Effexor 75mg a day. I am looking into going off my effexor but with my history who am I to tempt fate.
I started Atkins on 8/1/03 and as of today I have lost 13 lbs. and 10.25 inches. This way of eating is very easy for me and I'm hoping to get my sugar craving under controll for ever.
My weight is the last thing I have to conquer on my list of things to do to get my life to "normal" My most frustrating moments were when I would look at others and say to myself "Whats it like to be normal" Hopefully I will know soon, I know I'm closer than I have ever been in my life.

Taking every day at a time!
Rhonda