#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-01, 00:22

Plan: carb addicts diet
Stats: 130/130/108
BF:
Progress:
Default How to get my kids on low-carb!

Hi all,
I'm new to this, only started on the Carbohydrate Addicts' Diet last week. I'm fascinated! Disappointingly though, I have gained 300 grams! My body is probably in shock over suddenly get fats and meats after years of fanatically avoiding any fats and sugars. I've only got just under 20 pounds to lose after a sudden, totally unexplained weight gain which started ten months ago. I have done all sorts of checks like thyroid, coming off the pill, regular exercise, it's all a mystery. I hate having a wardrobe full of clothes I can longer get into.I like this diet, this way of eating, it's something I can stick to. What I really worries me is how my two kids aged 12 1/2 and 11 have piled on weight. I can really see that they are total carb addicts now that I've read up on the subject. The younger never stops eating, is always hungry. They are happy to start eating low carb, but my dilemma is; with what do I substitute bread, pasta and potates for them? And, that only snack that I have been allowing them, popcorn?(which I thought was a good snack!) They are also used to eat large amounts of fruit, as I have never kept cookies, chips, chocolate, etc. in the house. They need a good breakfast before school, what to give them as one doesn't like eggs, etc, etc. I will buy the Carb addicts' book for kids, but does anyone have some good advice, have had success with their kids?
Many thanks.
Ps. I live in Singapore, we do not get all the amazing food products as you do in the US!
Sponsored Links