#183   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 06:56

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcomeau
I have heard about cheating one day and then going back on Atkins. On the Atkins web site it says to NOT do this ever because you can really mess up your body and it's dangerous. It's one thing to do the induction the first time but the website says doing this over and over again can really hurt your body. Besides I have never cheated on this diet and never will. When I did induction I though I had a severe flu for the first 3 days and I'm never going through it again!

Actually, there are several circumstances where going back to the Induction phase is recommened by Dr. Atkins in his book "New Diet Revolution". And Induction can't be that dangerous because Dr. Atkins says, in the same book, that if you have a very low metabolism you may never be able to take in more than 20g of carbs a day without gaining weight. He also says you can stay on the Induction Phase as long as you like. Skimming through his book won't work...you have to read it, read it and read it again. And use a highlighter to mark the information that is of the greatest importance to you.