View Single Post
  #177   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 09:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/148/133 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default figjam

figjam, I really urge you to give Atkins just two weeks of your life. I promise you -- two weeks on induction and the sugar cravings will pass. Seriously. That is the magic of induction.

I can tell you that I used to go to Overeaters Anonymous meeting regularly. I thought I needed a "Higher Power" and the 12 Steps to keep me from compulsively overeating. And that program DOES work if you work it, as they like to say.

But I find Atkins is easier: after induction, I no longer need sugar or starch, and without those foods spiking my blood sugar and making me hungry, I no longer feel compelled to overeat. It's magic. I don't need to pray, or go to meetings, or do service, or work the steps. I just need to eliminate the trigger foods entirely and I'm free. Or at least, have been free for about 3 months now. We'll see if it lasts, I guess.

Isn't that amazing? I thought there was something wrong with me spiritually, emotionally, etc. I thought I needed a closer connection to God. But all I needed was a few very strict weeks of 20 g of carbs per day.

Induction itself can be hard -- I remember thinking it was brutal. But it's two weeks out of your life and it could free you from sugar-aholism permanently.