View Single Post
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/138/110
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi everyone!

I don't know abt what goes on in Singapore, but I read some posts on the American threads, seems like KFC chicken is marinated with sugar (it's one of the secret ingredients) and even if u remove the skin the sugar has been absorbed by the meat. Guess it's not safe to eat it..

I think chicken chops are a better bet.. I always tell the pple I only want fries and no sauce, so i dont get this gooey mess i have to avoid when I'm eating only the chicken.

Burger techniques.. hmm. Tricky if u r eating w friends, but otherwise, who cares, I just dump the top, scrape of the tomato sauce and use the bottom to hold my patty.. I won't usually suggest a burger place when w friends tho.. eating at Long Johns' is alrite.. cuz now they have this grilled fish n salad set and I can easily avoid the fries.

For marinating I've been getting garlic salt and some chicken spice blend from mckormick. Think those work fine!! Been adding cheddar cheese (those sold in a block) to my veggie/meat soups and it is really good!

Other goodies I love include the house brand sausages at Jason's.. checked the ingredients, no starch or sugar and very nicely fatty.. and yummy of course..

And what do u guys use for sweeteners? I dont care been using aspartame (seems to b alrite for me) and been whipping up the mock danish recipe. It will curb any cravings really.. and is incredible with lots of butter.

Till then..