View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:52

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Bonnie,

Are you keeping exact track of calories on a software like Fitday? I thought I was eating about 300 cal's less than I actually do...its pretty surprising, when things like a tbsp of soy sauce is counted in. But if you are, then 900 cal's is so low that your metabolism must have slowed way down and so its very hard to lose... I have the same issues, which is why I am going to the gym and carefully doing the 70/25/5 ratio with eating plus watching calories... so we'll see what happens.

I have the same figure type and am about the same height...like you the big belly is awful, and so I hope to drop 10 lbs. My legs aren't too long either...torso is longer..so I carry too much on my thighs as well. One problem is that at age 63 my skin is no longer elastic, so any further weight loss will result in hanging skin. This is why I started weight lifting today..hoping this may help a bit.

Sigh. Hang in there and keep me posted! The retirement plans sound fun...I live in a similar climate in Australia and am retired.

Val