View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 18:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I like the chocolate coconut Advantage bars...but I usually limit myself to half a bar maybe for a snack if I know dinner is going to be a long way off. Or sometimes I'll have a bar as a breakfast replacement if I'm in a hurry. Unlike Harleydee, my schedule isn't as standard (retail hours are so up and down) so I can get out in the mornings or evenings when it's cooler...Plus I walk all day at work). But even if I don't get out, I still do some crunches, or sit ups (can't do many but I figure it's better than nothing). I want to get a weight set so I can work on my flabby arms a bit and maybe work on strengthening my shoulders.

Lucille, you say you gained 2 lbs but have you noticed any loss of inches? Maybe you've gained muscle since you exercise. Muscle weighs more than fat. I have sort of been staying around the same weight this week but have noticed my clothes fitting a bit better. Have you looked at some of the recipes on here. There's a quick and easy was to make Ice Cream without an ice cream maker. I haven't tried it but I plan to. The ice cream that you found...what's the name of it? Is it Chapmans? I here that it's sugar-free and low carb.

Harleydee, I was reading in some of the other threads that there is a soda/sparkling water type stuff that is sweetened with Splenda called Talking Rain. Some people said it was available in some Costco stores. Have you ever seen it? I haven't been for a while but I'm going to look the next time I'm in there.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

-Breakfast - ham and egg cup...yum (buttered then lined a small ramekin with a slice of ham, added a little grated cheese, tiny bit of diced green pepper. Then lightly beat egg with tablespoon of heavy cream, pinch of salt and pepper...baked it in toaster oven till done. But next time I'm going to try the microwave)

-Lunch - small salad with sliced chicken breast (cook up a whole bunch of boneles skinless chicken breast, slice it then freeze it so I always have it on hand...same with bacon)

-Snack - a little jello...(gelatin and koolaid powder)

-Dinner - chicken breast bone in with skin. frozen broccoli with a little sour cream and shredded cheese.

Snack - Half a chocolate coconut advantage bar

I know I was going to stay away from creams and cheeses but I'm just cutting back a bit.