View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 17:03

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I believe that most people who go on a low-carb diet ate burgers, fried, cherry pies, twinkies, and oreos by the box before they started

You're welcome to your opinion of course, but that's a vast overgeneralization. Yes, some people who begin low carbing weren't following any particular diet and ate very unhealthy. However, if you do a search and read some of the posts here you'll also find many from those who followed low fat for years and had very little or no success with it or even gained weight on it.
Myself? Twinkies and all that other crap were far from my list of allowed foods. I was following the prescribed diet for diabetics..ADA which is low fat and gaining weight on it as well as having poor control of my blood sugars. That's why I began low carbing...to gain better blood sugar control, which I did in a matter of a few weeks. The weight loss has been an added side-benefit.
Stay away from sugar? You bet! Stay away from fat? Why, since fat is a necessary dietary component for health?