#11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac???
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default More Alaska stuff

Just one more thing about areas in Anchorage and Alaska in general.....it really is a different world, and you may well find Anchorage is just a mixed bag with no really good areas and no really bad ones. If you find someplace that looks good, email me and I'll see if I can give you the lowdown on it..... as for skiing, the answer is, maybe yes, and maybe no. I've seen it snow in July in Valdez, and I've seen it stay dry until after Christmas, so you'll just have to see. I'm not a skier, so don't know about coverage and etc. Alyeska is the big ski resort, but I'm sure there are lots of others. It's in the opposite direction from Fairbanks, but not far from Anchorage, and you really ought to drive out that way, it's possibly the most beautiful drive you'll ever take, up the Cook Inlet to the Portage Glacier. Frankly, it makes me want to cry to talk about it.....I think we'll have to go back, Florida just doesn't do it for us. Alaska has many disadvantages, but it truly, truly is the most beautiful place you'll ever see. Have a wonderful time....