View Single Post
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 17:40

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default Hi, Gnasher...

Let me see if I can respond in a way that makes sense.

I can't do extreme low carb. I get zapped of energy, mentally dumbfounded, etc. etc.

I am a depressive.

Simple carbs are very bad, yet very addictive for depressive types. It lifts your mood (if you are not insuling resistant). I am IR. Simple carbs make me feel crappy. And bloated the next morning.

Now. Carbs do not allow your body to produce serotonin, if there is ANY protein in your stomach when you eat them. Yet, you can not product serotonin if you do not have other precursors (such as tryptophan) which are found in protein/meat. There's the rub.

Now. Most fibromyalgia sufferers are also low on norepinehrine. (Which is why effexor works so well for these sufferers.). That is one of the reasons why we have pain.

So...most authors that are proponents of natural remedies for depression and/or fibro, say to eat at least one meal a day in which there is no protein. But not simple carbs, or high glycemic carbs.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

The one thing that raises serotinin, norephinephrine, dopamine, stops insuling resistance, heart disease and cancer is...exercise!