#13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 13:18
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default The Somers diet is easy to follow for me

I tried the Atkins diet for about a month, and lost weight, but it was just too strict for me. But now I've been on the Suzanne Sommers diet for about 5 weeks and I really like it!

I really like eating grapenuts and shredded wheat in the morning (quick and easy to prepare too), and I love not having to count anything. It seems like I can stick with this diet for a long time as I don't feel deprived hardly at all (although it sometimes is hard to watch somebody else eat something you can't -- like pizza).

A big thing for me is what to drink. I used to always drink soda all day long, but now I can only have something like diet Sprite. But I found if I just mix a little of diet Sobe tropical drink in with it, it tastes pretty good!

I've also found that I can get a Carne Asada burrito and just eat the meat and that tastes great for lunch, and it's pretty cheap for a beef meal.

I also have two snacks between meals, one a fruit snack, and the other usually fat-free yogurt with grapenuts added. I'm actually eating more than I used to and don't feel hungry much at all.

The only time my weight gain has slowed down is when I eat too much and basically stuff myself -- which can happen at a restaurant where they serve LARGE salads along with eating the meat and veggies. So, if I just watch that, I think I'll be fine.

I've already been able to tighten my belt three notches, though I can't weigh myself because I weigh too much right now. But that's only a matter of time!

(By the way, I just found this forum today and this is my first post )

Dean