View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 04:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/135/128
BF:
Progress: 53%
Red face Trying Somersize

I've been on Atkins for two months and my net loss is only five pounds, though I haven't cheated and I'm still on induction. The first two weeks, I lost eight and could feel my body shrinking so I was disappointed when the third week, I weighed almost what I did before and my body was bloated again. My girlfriend and I feel we're the only two people in the US who haven't lost well on Atkins. I've doing the low-fat thing for many years and have about 10 more pounds I'd like to lose. I'm grasping at straws but I feel that may be sabatoging my weight loss on Atkins.

Enter Somersize...thinking about switching because though you do eat protein, you also get to eat just about any vegetable and lots of them. I just don't think my body understood why I was eating all the meat and putting the brakes on all the yummy veggies I was eating. I feel it makes more sense for me and I truly hope it will help me lose.

NOTE: I was reading the newest Somersize book and she has a question and answer section. In two of the answers she said SHE didn't lose for two months Somersizing. That made me feel the Atkins thing might need the same amount of time.

Anyway, good luck to us all!

DENA