#4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 10:58

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default carbs

Thanks for all your help!!

ok, I went to the grocery store and collected some carb stuff yesterday.. I bought whole wheat pita bread, Grape Nuts, Whole Wheat Farina, fat free milk, cottage cheese and yogurt. Along with plenty of fruits of course!
I did more research on Suzanne's website last night and she says Farina is now out!? Does that include the whole wheat variety too? AND In her book it says cottage cheese is ok for Pro/fats (whole milk) but then on her website she contradicts herself and says it's only ok to use fat free cottage cheese for carbos. Also my pita bread contains unbleached high gluten flour. I'm not sure if that is ok but now I'm thinking no. But I coudn't find ANY other pita or bread that would work. Even the ones you guys suggested contained sugar, raisin juice, or some other form of sweetener. (Ezekiel and Orowheat ww light)
And I thought I saw that flaxseed was a funky food due to it containing carbs and fat. Am I mistaken?

but my big question that none of my research has uncovered is about snacking. She says you have to wait 3 hours between meal-type changes (ex: carbo to pro/fat) But she also says snacking is ok. So if I had a carbo breakfast, then needed a snack halfway in between (and I'd have to make it a carb one to make the combining work) wouldn't I then have to wait an additional 3 hours after that snack to eat lunch consisting of pro/fat??
She also said you could have several smaller meals, but wouldn't you still have to wait the three hours?

I tried it yesterday (carb breakfast) and after 2.5 or 3 hours I suddenly got very shakey, feverish and ill-feeling. I forgot all about that feeling that carbs give me! I was starving so severely that I really gorged on lunch, something i had been training myself not to do. I ate enough protein and fat for two meals! I was just so shakey and hungry I didn't feel full so I kept eating.. I'm not so sure this plan is for me. I also gained 1.5 pounds!

I know to be fair I need to give it more than a day, but I am very limited on time for my goal, I need to lose a pound a week (at least) for my wedding in August. If this plan is going to set me back or make me gain weight I might wait until later to experiment.