Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   I did it! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=49121)

spongebutt Sat, Jun-29-02 22:02

I did it!

I lost all my weight!

I started at 179 pounds on a 5'2" frame, and I am now keeping between 128 and 130. I started at a size 16, I am now a size 6.
My weight doesn't matter much, but I dropped 7 inches in my hips, 5 inches in my bust, 6 inches in my hips. So my measurements are totally in proportion (yay!).
I am at my goal size, and I can't tell you how happy I am.

If I can do it, so can you!

Talon Sun, Jun-30-02 05:58

Way to go!

It must feel so great to be at goal. Good going!

:cheer:

You are still on the atkins WOE, even though you are at goal, correct?

Stacy32 Sun, Jun-30-02 21:34

Congratulations!

You have inspired me to keep going. I started 3 weeks ago and this weekend I bought a grill! What was your typical daily menu?
Thanks for the post! I love success storys!

spongebutt Sun, Jun-30-02 23:39

Talon---yes, I am still on the WOE even though I am at goal. I worked at getting here, I'm not going to go back to the way I was!

I'm glad I can encourage others. : )

Kristine Sun, Jul-07-02 18:34

Congratulations, Spongebutt!

...but shouldn't you change your login name now? :D "Musclebutt" might be more appropriate, or "leanbutt".

good egg Mon, Jul-08-02 12:19

Huray!

I notied that your stats are similar to what mine soon will be. I was just curious about your strategy...
Menu
exercise
how long it took
It was very inspiring to read your post. I am perusing the success stories because that is where I want to be... also because I was really bad over the fourth and am looking for some outer strength to give me back my inner strength.

thanks.

RawSienna Mon, Jul-08-02 17:40

That is SO great!!

:thup: that is so amazing and great to hear! I am 5'4" and 172 pounds...and would love to be 128-130. In fact...130 is what I put for my goal. How long did it take you to lose the weight?
Anway...wtg....that is so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. what is WOE? :confused:

wendyn Mon, Jul-08-02 20:14

This is so wonderful, I too am a 5'2" frame starting at 185 today, my goal is between 125-135. You have given me some incentive. :wave:

spongebutt Mon, Jul-08-02 22:09

goodegg----Menu was breakfast, omelet; lunch, hamburger patty with lettuce and tomato; dinner, steak with sauteed mushrooms. I ate other stuff, of course, but those were my main choices.

Exercise? I don't like to, but I did. My motto is: No pain, good.
I walked, ran, toned, lifted, stuff like that.

It took me almost exactly five months to lose 50 pounds. I hit a stall along the way, and my body played with my set-point. But I got past it.

RawSienna--WOE means way of eating. Lifetime thing, not just a diet. :)

Kristine---no, still Spongebutt. : ) hahaha

If anybody wants to email me, it's melissa~eubank.net

spongebutt Mon, Jul-08-02 22:11

Correction.

Sorry, melissa~eubank.net

RawSienna Mon, Jul-08-02 23:03

private messages

I've tried to send them...but keep getting a page that says I'm not allowed access...is it because I'm new?...or do I have something in my profile that I need to change? :confused:
Thanks for the infor...WOE...and that is so right! That's how I feel too, and until a person realizes that...and ACCEPTS it...it will always be a harder struggle..
Wow ~ 50 pounds in five months. That's SO great! Good for you...I can't even imagine being 50 pounds lighter....but I will...YES I Will!
Thanks for the inspiration! :spin:

spongebutt Tue, Jul-09-02 11:09

Private messages

I've tried that, as well, but it won't let me do it.

And when I just tried to put my email address, that tiddle thing showed up instead of the 'at' sign.
Oh, well.

I've been to BC. Beautiful province.

Elihnig Wed, Jul-10-02 05:11

Congratulations Spongebutt!

By the way, you need 25 posts to be able to private message someone here. Just keep talking and soon you'll be there.

The ~ symbol will keep bots from stealing your e-mail address. Just substitute the "at" symbol when you go to actually e-mail someone.

I was almost there myself but someone else decided to come join our family. I look forward to making progress again this fall.

Elihnig

RawSienna Wed, Jul-10-02 09:03

Good Morning!

Morning Sponge....or should I say "Tight" butt! :)
You inspire me! I can't wait to see that little meeter read 100%....and reach my goal of 130 pounds. Gosh...I've never weighed that...except when I was a kid...on my way UP. I remember the first time I weighed myself...or paid attention to a scale. I was 14 and weighed about 155 pounds!!!
Anyway...you inspire me!!!
Elihnig...thanks for the info regarding the private messages...I'm just about there!!!
And yes...don't we have the most beautiful place to live here in BC....I am an artist, and the beauty here never fails to inspire me!
And off I go....to pester someone else :p

KEEP ON KEEPING IT OFF!!! :wave:

spongebutt Wed, Jul-10-02 22:17

Elihnig--
I think a baby on the way is a good reason not to lose weight. : )

And congrats on your forthcoming edition.