Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   TOF's (The Over Fifty's) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Where to buy T-shirts??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=481584)

Blue Ruby Thu, Nov-15-18 11:20

Where to buy T-shirts???

I don't know if this is the place to post but...i figure other TOF's are more likely to be interested in this ...

Where the heck do people (women, really) buy t-shirts for exercise that:
- are fitted enough / long enough to not immediately flop over my head or rise up (like yoga Downward Facing Dog, or bending over weight raises.)
AND
- are not too low cut, ie, give the girls come coverage
AND
- are NOT cutesy "cap sleeves" where the loose skin from weight loss is just emphasized, and every time i raise my arms those bat wings are just flapping in public...

Super-frustrated. I can't be the only one.
The uni-sex/men's styles are too square and flop around and expose belly.
I want sleeves that are fitted and go down to mid- or low-bicep ....

Where do you go?

:help: :help: :help:

BeachDonna Thu, Nov-15-18 11:45

Try Duluth Trading...there are stores, but online is great. They have many styles of t-shirts and their shirts are longer than others.

Here is a link to a style that might work for you:
https://www.duluthtrading.com/women...ngtail-t-shirts

This particular style is nice because it is flattering and can be dressed up (i.e. it doesn't look like "just a t-shirt").

Good luck in your search!

JEY100 Thu, Nov-15-18 12:10

Beat me to BeachDonna, ditto on Duluth trading. I also wear long sleeved t-shirts but in the light weight fabric, my bat wings don't see the light of day. Kohl's Tek-gear are not only are long in body, but in the arms too. Have that nice thumb-hole too, at 5'9" truly long, long-sleeved shirts are a find. In Dry-tek fabric, comes in petitie and plus-sizes also.

Meme#1 Thu, Nov-15-18 16:40

So glad you posted about duluthtrading beachDonna and Janet, I just found a great pair of shoes for DH's xmas gift. :thup: :agree:

Blue Ruby Thu, Nov-15-18 18:52

Great recommendations, I’ll check it out.
(I like that the Duluth trading shows a women modeling it using a circular saw!!!)

cotonpal Thu, Nov-15-18 19:41

I'll just agree with everyone else, Duluth trading. I really like their long t shirts. The less exposed skin the better as far as I'm concerned.

doreen T Sun, Nov-18-18 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ruby
Where the heck do people (women, really) buy t-shirts for exercise that:
- are fitted enough / long enough to not immediately flop over my head or rise up (like yoga Downward Facing Dog, or bending over weight raises.)
AND
- are not too low cut, ie, give the girls come coverage
AND
- are NOT cutesy "cap sleeves" where the loose skin from weight loss is just emphasized, and every time i raise my arms those bat wings are just flapping in public...

Super-frustrated. I can't be the only one.

I see you're in Canada :idea:. Try Penningtons or Additionelle (they're "sister" stores, so often carry the same styles).

There are no sleeveless or "cap" styles. Their short-sleeves come at least halfway down the upper arm. They also have long-sleeve and 3/4 sleeve styles :cool:. Many styles are are "fitted" through the torso without being so loose they ride up when you lean forward (or downward dog position ;)). I love the fabrics, which wick away moisture and keep you dry if your workout is particularly "sweaty" :thup:

Here are links to their respective websites, but I highly recommend checking them out in person if there's one or the other store near you :exclm: (I'm not a fan of ordering stuff online, especially not from another country ;). I prefer going to a store where I can try the garment(s) on before I buy)

Penningtons Active Wear Tops

Additionelle Active Wear Tops

Hope this helps :rose:

Blue Ruby Tue, Nov-20-18 09:15

I’ll check them out. The pictures look good, you are right, ordering in-country has way less hassles...not to mention the current Canada Post request to foreign delivery services!!! :lol:
Thanks for the tip— I used to shop there for clothes but never really thought about work out Tees.

Meme#1 Tue, Nov-20-18 12:59

DH's Christmas present already arrived from Duluth Trading.
WOW, that was fast shipping!!!

TammyD Tue, Oct-01-19 06:07

Sometimes I find long sleeve tees at the thrifts and hem the sleeves so they are a little longer than typical tees.

Lbangle Thu, Oct-03-19 08:47

I have not ordered from Duluth because unless I am overlooking something, the largest size in the women's tops was a xxl. I might be able to wear that now that I've lost weight, but I was wearing 3X's and I figured their tops would be too small. So with Duluth, it depends on what size you need.

I have had better luck with Land's End, and have many of their 3/4 sleeve tops. they also have tunic length if you are looking for long t-shirts.

Lbangle Fri, Oct-04-19 10:12

:o Well, I need to edit my post about Duluth, because a long sleeve tunic type T Shirt popped up on Facebook that came in 1-3X. For some reason I could not locate them on the site, but they exist, I just have not found them. So disregard my previous post about them not having larger sizes......I was wrong :o :o