Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   cactusrose in training for the rest of her life! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=405890)

cactusrose Sat, Jan-09-10 10:15

cactusrose in training for the rest of her life!

I love to hike and want to continue to do so as I get older, 50 is just around the corner (YIKES!) And I want to feel great as I get older! I am determined to work out and carb cycle to lose another 20-25 pounds. Should be good for my heart and lungs and joints. I hope keeping a journal for eating and working out will be good ways to work through issues, so I have LONG LASTING results...

Any tips you have for carb cycling or working out, let me know... and good luck to all of you on your journey!

cactusrose Sat, Jan-09-10 16:43

Ran this morning, 3.5 miles and then did some weight training. Not easy, but consistency is the key.

cactusrose Fri, Jan-15-10 13:17

Weight training yesterday, ran 3.5 miles today. Felt better, is a higher carb day and had a banana before I ran. Was able to do some interval training.

cactusrose Sun, Jan-17-10 19:03

walking in national recreation area close to my house. mountains and canyons, walked for an hour and a half or so. I REALLY needed to get out and about today for some reason...glad I did, I felt much better after I was done.

cactusrose Mon, Jan-18-10 16:51

Running/interval training today for 3.5 miles. Felt better than the last time I ran.

Consistency is the key.

cactusrose Thu, Jan-21-10 16:06

Weight training for 45 minutes and treadmill with hills for 30 minutes. Felt kind of tired, I really have a fairly short window to work out in the morning before I get the urge for an early afternoon nap. Must be those crazy biorhythms.

cactusrose Sun, Jan-24-10 22:31

Painting the guest room and putting everything back together this weekend...so not much in the way of working out. Working tomorrow and Tuesday plus class on Tuesday. Maybe I can work out after class Tuesday. Life sure does keep us busy! I can, at least, take the stairs at work...

cactusrose Fri, Jan-29-10 01:47

Sure enough, stairs at work yesterday. Dr's appt's today and classes...walked briskly 40 minutes up and down hills and stairs today in between classes. You do what you can do....

cactusrose Fri, Jan-29-10 21:54

2 miles of running today...appt's all over town, so time was limited. Consistency is the key, even if you don't have time to fit in every thing you want to fit in....

cactusrose Sat, Jan-30-10 22:07

13 hour shifts make for no outside exercise...especially when you get 3.5 hours of sleep....now off to beddy-by I go...

cactusrose Mon, Feb-01-10 16:23

Five mile run today...haven't felt this good in a long while. Weight training too, increased some of my weights.

cactusrose Fri, Feb-05-10 00:30

Had school today and went for a brisk walk in between classes. Not much, but we do what we can do some days.

cactusrose Sat, Feb-06-10 10:27

Okay, week four update of carb cycling...

I have lost 7 pounds. I have lost 2% body fat. I have lost 11 inches total. I measure the following areas:

-chest
-waist
-hips
-lower hips
-each thigh
-each calf
-each upper arm

Other good observations: My clothes are more comfortable. I feel better in my skin. I am not thinking about food as much as I used to. I am not craving sweets in the evening as much as I used to. I no longer think each meal needs to be followed by something sweet. I have not been craving/obsessing about what dessert I will eat when my DH and I go out to dinner.

Wow, those are some huge mental shifts for me.

New goals for this month: Exercise more, increase my running mileage more consistently. More interval training when I run. Increase duration of weight training, up my weights a little on arms and legs.

cactusrose Sat, Feb-06-10 21:36

Ran five miles today and did some weight training. Increased my weights for my legs and arms to increase muscle tone and to increase metabolism. Looking forward to hiking soon.

cactusrose Tue, Feb-09-10 18:50

Ran/walked three miles today. Tummy didn't feel so great for some reason, so I had to stop. I do feel good though and lots of energy.