Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kick Nicotine Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   I quit Too (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=285899)

starvinsue Wed, Feb-15-06 14:13

I quit Too

:thup: Hi just found this part of the site, I am on the Atkins diet, but I packed in smoking on 6th January and its not been that bad really :D so will check up on this part of the website if I have any moments have been using the nicorette inhaler but hardly think about that now, unless I'm having a drink in the evening :yum: found the chewing gum helpful but had to stop that when I started the Atkins!
I was a 20 a day smoker and apart from all the bad things about it, I was finding it more and more socially unacceptable, so It has been like a weight off my shoulders, I know its hard this is what I did -:
Prepare your self for the last day read lots of info about what's actually in a cigarette apart from tobaccoo and keep reading it on the last day.
On the last evening sit by yourself in front of a mirror with 5 fags a lighter and an ashtray then smoke them all one after the other with no longer than a 6 second break in between drags after the third one you have way had enough but make your self smoke them all, watch what your doing how you inhale the smoke how its going up your nose in your eyes in your hair how you squint and pucker your mouth you will start to realise that this is such an uncool thing to be doing to yourself, any way toddle off to bed then the next morning hopefully the memory of how sick you felt should stay with you long enough to get you started on your no smoking future
Good luck to anyone wanting to give it a go, it is really worth it I feel so much better already and dont really think about fags much at all!!!! :wave:

paulm Wed, Feb-15-06 19:22

Awesome!!!!

We quit about the same time. I agree, it did become a social problem. I felt guilty about it and didn't want anyone to know about my bad habit. But now it's over and I no longer have to structure my life around my nicotine fixes or feel guilty about it and I lost weight too! :thup:

bwilliams Thu, Feb-16-06 12:46

Wow Sue

You have done GREAT, giving up smoking and doing Atkins - all within a few months. Congratulations :D

I have decided to quit when I get to my goal weight. I am starting to feel healthier already since starting Atkins almost 5 weeks ago, I know my skin is clearer and I am sure even my hair is shinier and my nails seem stronger, it must be all that unprocessed food and the large amount of water we drink.

So giving up smoking will be the ultimate last thing to go to achieve a healthier life style, but to be honest the main reason I will be quitting is for the money not the health :blush:

Barb

BlitzedAng Thu, Feb-16-06 16:51

I waited till at goal. Sorta wish I had started sooner,lol. But anyhoo I am still smoke free 600+ days now..So here I am a second time torwards goal. Much slower too. Musta been that nicotine boost before? Hmm....

Angel

bwilliams Fri, Feb-17-06 03:43

Good on ya Angel,

600 days is FANTASTIC........

I think the nicotine does help which is why I am waiting until I reach my goal weight to quit :o

Take care
Barb