Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   anyone here from Saskatoon? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=281921)

engineergirl Thu, Jan-19-06 06:45

anyone here from Saskatoon?

I was in Vancouver when I was first introduced to low-carbing (in 2001). Now, after 4 yrs of being either pregnant and/or breastfeeding, I am back :) It's amazing how that 'light' comes on, & you can suddenly become focused & commited to something like this again, when I've been completely carb-addicted for the past 4 years.

Anyway, we moved back to the prairies a year & a half ago, & just wondering if there's anyone on from around here.

Wolfiesask Thu, Jan-19-06 09:58

I'm in Rosetown, about an hour away on Hwy #7, I do get to the city at least a couple times a month. :) Always nice to see another Saskie on the boards.

:wave:

Nicole

LukeA Thu, Jan-19-06 16:12

>>I am here In 'Stoon<< :lol:

engineergirl Sun, Jan-22-06 13:41

thanks for replying - it's nice to know I'm not the only person in the prairies on the board :p

attitudes Mon, Feb-06-06 13:00

I'm also in S'toon. If any or all of you would like to start a get together support group, you can count me in. I think the more support, the better.

engineergirl Wed, Feb-08-06 09:28

Hi Attitudes :)

Thanks for replying - good to know there's a couple local people here.

While I was living in Vancouver, I had the opportunity to attend a potluck hosted by Karen Barnaby. It was a lot of fun & it was great to get out & meet the 'locals'. There's quite a few of them there!

coffee39 Sun, Feb-19-06 19:55

I am in Estevan, Saskatchewan...I know that is a ways away but it is nice to know that there is someone else that has actually heard of Saskatchewan.

maddison27 Sun, Feb-19-06 20:56

Hi Everyone,
I am from Edmonton and thankfully enjoying a mild winter here.

renewlife Mon, Apr-10-06 15:07

Saskatoon!

Hello All!

Its sooooo good to see fella saskatoonies! Yaaaah I'm not alone! I've been very successful with Atkins in the past..haha yeah, in the past. A couple years ago I lost over 80 lbs with atkins. I've since fallen off the tubby truck and now its time to get back into the swing of things. I miss the feeling of my once svelt bode. I would be open to talking with any of ya and or doing the buddy system thingy if anyone's interested. I'd even go as far as having someone to work out with :agree: (omg i didnt just say that, did i??) ..so drop me a line if you're interested!

Love and Success!
Anna

attitudes Tue, Apr-11-06 07:59

Welcome Renewlife. Just wondering how all the S'toonies were doing? Anyone interested in getting together once every two weeks or so for a support group? I seem to have some trouble focusing and staying on track. Anyone else having this problem?

renewlife Wed, Apr-12-06 09:58

Hello 'Tudes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by attitudes
Welcome Renewlife. Just wondering how all the S'toonies were doing? Anyone interested in getting together once every two weeks or so for a support group? I seem to have some trouble focusing and staying on track. Anyone else having this problem?

Hiya Girl!

I totaly hear ya about the staying on track part. I think for myself, I would benefit from talking with other women about our 'secrets' in winning the battle of the buldge. Once every two weeks sounds like a fair commitment. Sooo count me in! Do ya use msn or yahoo attitudes? if so pm me and I'll give ya my addy. Its finally starting to warm up here and with all the rain yesterday and warm temps for later this week..green grass is just around the corner. Whoo hooo maybe we'll actually have a summer this year? :wave: The change in weather sure helps when one has to get out and start walking more. Hey 'Tudes are ya in s'toon or edmonton?

Hugs all!
Anna

attitudes Thu, Apr-13-06 07:57

I do agreee with the nice weather coming, it makes me want to lose this weight even more so I can get back into my summer clothes. I'm in S'toon, where are you renewlife? I will contact you by pm.

Anyone else interested in getting together every 2 weeks or so?

renewlife Thu, Apr-13-06 11:26

Excellent Attitudes! :thup: I live in city park area, nice and close to the river. I work at a health food store and sometimes I feel the presure to get back into 'shape' is incredible. I would like to be a positive representive for my customers lol but O well right now I'm still human and have a belly button. I may not be at my goal yet..but i'm on My Way :) my msn messenger is anniebear44~hotmail.com anyone can add me if ya like, I'm always up for a good gab and some possible recipe trading hehe. I look forward to hearing from ya 'tudes!

Anna

renewlife Fri, Apr-14-06 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA
>>I am here In 'Stoon<< :lol:

Hello LukeA I noticed you're doing a 'modified' atkins. I wanted to ask you what have you done to modify it? Have you changed the type of carbs? I look forward to hearing what ammendments you've done as there are certain concerns i have with atkins and you may answer some questions i've had in regards to this. Congratualtions with your success!

Anna

attitudes Thu, Apr-20-06 12:07

Hey renew life, I sent you an e-mail the other day, did you get it? When I sent it, it came back, so not sure what happened.