Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Semi Low-Carb Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   **ThE GI DiEt ReVoLuTiOn** (SuPpOrT, AdViCe, ReCiPeS aNd MoRe) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=274496)

Ambajean Mon, Nov-21-05 15:33

**ThE GI DiEt ReVoLuTiOn** (SuPpOrT, AdViCe, ReCiPeS aNd MoRe)

HeLLo!! My NsMe iS AmBer, AnD i'M pReTtY mUcH a NewBiE tO ThE GI DiEt (stArTeD a/B 1 WeEk AgO) I NeEd sOmE SuPpOrT, AdViCe, AnD ReCiPe IdEaS!! PLeAsE HeLp mE iN ThE JouRnEy To ReAcHiNg mY GoAL!!! :)*

Nancy LC Mon, Nov-21-05 16:06

Hi! Something wrong with your keyboard?

vbrowne Tue, Nov-22-05 09:49

that type face gave me a headache - can you post again - we all can certainly offer support and advice. Thanks.

Vikki

inkognito Wed, Nov-23-05 12:46

I am sure that you will reach your goal for your friend's wedding. I just switched from Atkins to GI as I think the GI diet is more of a healthy way of life for me. I just need to finally learn how to conquer portion control. Perhaps we can aid each other now through February.

Ambajean Fri, Nov-25-05 00:44

Hello there!!

Hello "Inkognito"--thanks for the input!! Of-course we can help eachother!! I too need to control my portions. I can do REALLY well for about 3-4 days, and then I usually have a "bad day." I need to work on that as well-and my late night hunger pains!!! It would be great to have a GI dieter's help!! :)
I tried the Atkins diet once..I couldn't do it!! I can't eat that much meat--I only eat chicken, seafood, and turkey. I got to the point where the smell of bacon made we wanna throw up!! Ahh! haha. And I agree-the GI diet is a much healthier way to lose weight-very balanced because you still recieve ALL the nutrients your body NEEDS. PLUS, I would probably consider myself a carb ADDICT--i love all those starchy, high-carb snacks and foods (cakes, cookies, pies, chips...all the good fattening stuff..haha) and I'm still allowed to savor SOME carbs..the "good ones", which helps me remain "under control."
BUT--we should help eachother--I know I need a lot of help, especially with dieting...it can be very challenging sometimes!! Good luck--skinny, here we come!!! :) hehe.

~Amber

[SIZE=7]PS- HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!![/SIZE]

Ambajean Fri, Nov-25-05 00:48

hi "Vbrown"--my name is Amber, and I'm pretty new to the GI diet... I need support, advice, recipes, and so forth, and I was just wondering if anyone would liketo join me in reaching my goal!!!

PS-sorry ALL for the font I posted with earlier-tends to hurt the eys after a few seconds..hehe.
Good Luck everyone!! We can do it!!

inkognito Fri, Nov-25-05 08:04

Amber - I so agree, yesterday Thanksgiving will be one of my last (if I say last I fear I will be lying) carb induced coma :) I would like to stick on plan until Dec 22 - my firm's holiday party and then I said I will allow myself to imbibe if I have been good. And in 30 days combined wityh exercise I should see some results.

Ambajean Fri, Nov-25-05 14:48

Hey inkognito!! I know you can do it!!!
Thanksgiving...it's almost a given...YOU HAVE TO EAT all those carbs!!!
I didn't do as bad as I thought at all!!! I even only ate dessert once, and I had a few places to stuff my face at...mostly stuck 2 the veggies!! woo hoo!! So, I was proud about that. I even only had one little tiny chunk of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE sugar induced "turkey day" food---Candied sweet potatoes with marshmellows and pecans-I honestly don't know how i did it..ha.
Well, we can do it!!! Good luck!!!

vbrowne Fri, Nov-25-05 14:58

Hi Amba - I'm doing the SBD now, getting lots of recipes from the Kitchen Forum, as well I have a SBD cook book (in word format) if you're interested - I could e-mail it to you.

Vikki

Ambajean Sat, Nov-26-05 13:14

Hello "vbrown"

Hey VBROWN-That would be wonderful!!!! :) Do you think I'd lose more weight on SBD? Mine's coming off pretty slow!! Only 3 pounds so far...
Anyway, the recipes would be wonderful!! Thank you!! :)

inkognito Sat, Nov-26-05 14:10

Amber - that is great. See now I have some inspiration. Anyway I am focused on the time from now unti Dec 22 but take one day at a time. Been hitting the gym hard which is good now I just need to remind myself that overeating is a "sabotage" to my good gym workouts.