Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Australia / New Zealand (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   help on getting da vinci syrup (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=144483)

angelita Thu, Oct-23-03 04:22

help on getting da vinci syrup

Hiya All,

I m a canadian working in Singapore right now. I would like to know if anyone out there in Australia is willing to help me get some da vinci sugar free syrup. In return, I could help to send over some Sugar Free Jell-O which I thought might not be available in Australia.

Many thanks

angelita

zedgirl Thu, Oct-23-03 16:25

Angelita

Have you tried emailing DaVinci to see if they have a distributor in Singapore? That's what I did first up when I wanted to get hold of some. Assuming you've already done that unsuccessfully maybe you could order direct from them or the Australian distributor in Sydney. The Australian distributor's web address is www.pineteacoffee.com.au

angelita Thu, Oct-23-03 20:41

Hiya!

I have emailed Da Vinci directly and they advised me to go through the local distributor too. But guess what? They do not carry the Sugar Free range. In order to bring it in for me, I have to order 4 cartons and the cost is way too high. Higher than what Da Vinci is offering me at 12 bottles for a straight US$100 (free shipping cost).

I was excited when I found out (through this forum) that the syrup is sold in Australia too. I emailed pineteacoffee twice but got no reply :(

angelita

zedgirl Thu, Oct-23-03 21:35

There is a big problem (technical bug) with Australia's biggest email provider at the moment and lots of emails are taking days to get through (it's happening to me). That could be the reason....if not they're just plain slack!

If DaVinci is offering to send you 12 bottles for US$100 go for it. It'll cost you US$140 without shipping costs taken into consideration if you buy from Australia. Is that price for 750ml bottles?

angelita Fri, Oct-24-03 01:36

yes, it is the 750ml kind. And the offer is really good. But I am afriad I do not need 12 bottles of different flavours at this moment..unless I m running a restaurant or cafe :p

I guess I have to give pineteacoffee a buzz soon if I still receive no reply from them. hummmmm

zedgirl Fri, Oct-24-03 02:16

I would offer to help but I'm on the other side of Australia and would have to get the bottles shipped here first and then ship them to you so you'd have to pay two lots of shipping costs. It would probably end up costing the same for 2-3 bottles as it would for a dozen from the US. I also have to be at home to take delivery and that's just not practical for me at the moment.

There's one other thing you might want to try. See if you can hook up with other low carbers in Singapore and maybe split a carton. I know there are lc'ers there because I've seen them post on the 'Everywhere' forum of this site.

angelita Fri, Oct-24-03 07:23

thanks for the suggestion :)

It is tiring to pull together orders and will slow the ordering process too. Guess I m being a bit lazy here :p

Anyway, pineteacoffee has finally replied! I will check them out. But I have a feeling that ordering from Da Vinci is still a better offer.

cheers