Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Forum upgrade Q&A (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177862)

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 05:16

Forum upgrade Q&A

Hi folks,

We have just upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin forum software.

This thread can be used to report problems and ask questions.

Notes:

1. Don't panic :)
2. If you have a problem, please give as much details as possible, such as what do you want to do, on which page, and what browser are you using, and what version, etc.

Wa'il

Princesspp Sat, Apr-10-04 05:22

Everything I open up, I'm getting multiple IE script errors ... ??? Is this my ISP (AOL) or something that can be corrected on the site ...

I'd give you details, but it's different lines everytime ...

Thanks (won't keep me out of here, just more of a hassle getting where I'm going...:lol: )

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 05:32

Try logging out, clearing your cookies, and log back in.

If that doesn't help, please let me know what those error messages say, and on what page.

Wa'il

diemde Sat, Apr-10-04 05:34

There is only 1 button now on each post for the "quote" capability. Are the rest of the buttons going to be reinstated (gym log, gallery, etc.)?

AFwife Sat, Apr-10-04 05:35

Are you going to put the journal icons back in the post or do we just have to click the members ID name to get to there journal?

Thanks!

AFwife Sat, Apr-10-04 05:36

Oh and the buddy list, will we have that back too so we can find them easier than doing a search?

Quest Sat, Apr-10-04 05:41

As with the previous appearance of this format, there are no journal buttons (or any buttons other than "quote" at the bottom of posts. I use Internet Explorer.

Edited: they have now appeared--hope they will stay!

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 05:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
There is only 1 button now on each post for the "quote" capability. Are the rest of the buttons going to be reinstated (gym log, gallery, etc.)?

Done :)

The "edit" button now should only appear on posts that are editable. If it still doesn't show in journals, let me know.

Wa'il

oregano Sat, Apr-10-04 05:43

I was wondering if there is a way I can control the colors of the links that are "read" and "unread" for forum message titles. On my laptop the dark blue(?) for unread and black(?) for read are indistinguishable and I would really like to be able to tell which threads I've read before. (Note that read/unread is different from new posts/no new posts.) I know some web boards have different templates and I was wondering if anything like that is available here.

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 05:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
Oh and the buddy list, will we have that back too so we can find them easier than doing a search?

The buddy list is now accessable through the "Quick Link" menu at the top.

Wa'il

AFwife Sat, Apr-10-04 05:57

Thanks for putting all our icons back. This makes things easier IMO.

New look is great. Keep up the good work back there. :)

AFwife Sat, Apr-10-04 05:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
The buddy list is now accessable through the "Quick Link" menu at the top.

Wa'il

I clicked on quick Links but it just brings me back to what I was reading before.

In UserCP it's there but not where I can click on the name to take me to their journal.

Thanks again,

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregano
I was wondering if there is a way I can control the colors of the links that are "read" and "unread" for forum message titles. On my laptop the dark blue(?) for unread and black(?) for read are indistinguishable and I would really like to be able to tell which threads I've read before. (Note that read/unread is different from new posts/no new posts.) I know some web boards have different templates and I was wondering if anything like that is available here.

I think this can be changed from within your browser settings, to force specific colours for visited links.

Wa'il

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 06:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
I clicked on quick Links but it just brings me back to what I was reading before.

In UserCP it's there but not where I can click on the name to take me to their journal.

Thanks again,

What browser are you using, and what version?

I'll add the buddy list to somewhere ourside the menu, for those who can't get the menu to popup (for some older browsers)

Wa'il

AFwife Sat, Apr-10-04 06:04

We have AOL. Is that what you mean by browser? Version 8.0.

Thanks!