Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Emotional Issues & Body Image (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   What's the meanest thing anyone has called you... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=284976)

goldfish Wed, Feb-08-06 16:51

What's the meanest thing anyone has called you...

because of your weight?
me first

greedy guts
I cringe just writing it.

petersn78 Wed, Feb-08-06 16:56

I'd have to say in high school being called jabba the hut..

scthgharpy Wed, Feb-08-06 17:22

My DH likes calling me fat ass when hes not being so D.

raven_1051 Wed, Feb-08-06 17:43

Fatty fat fat fat, fat ass, thunder thighs, bubble butt, fat cow, thundar, robust (my sisters favorite)

foxgluvs Wed, Feb-08-06 17:46

Once I was in a bar and some bloke said "look at the muscles on that" I wanted the ground to open up right there and then :(

EMKAY 53 Wed, Feb-08-06 17:48

This is too painful of a thread :(

PlayDoh Wed, Feb-08-06 18:01

i haven't ever really been called anything other than fat, so it wasn't too big of a deal. my dad did tell me i looked/smelled like a slut once though. that wasn't very nice, the jerk lol.

Stardust Wed, Feb-08-06 18:06

Once I was called "fat ass" while crossing the street and I weighed around 200 lbs. That stung!

Two years ago I was called a f'ing American by a stranger while out on a date with my man for Valentine's Day. It kinda ruined the mood and really upset me.

NewPhoenix Wed, Feb-08-06 20:35

My brother used to call me "beluga". My Dad would try and make me feel better by saying that beluga caviar is the best in the world. :rolleyes: That did not help. Makes me mad just thinking about it! :mad:

klc145 Wed, Feb-08-06 21:38

This thread is sad :(

But, the worst thing that I can remember is when I was in middle school and we were walking outside for gym class, some boys were behind me and started making those beeping noises....like the ones where a huge truck or something is backing up.

Talk about mortifying.

bigmomma04 Wed, Feb-08-06 21:45

Well I have only been overweight since I had my son. But in highschool I had some serious eat problems and guys would called me stick girl with tities or anorexic girl with tities. They made fun of me for being to small and said they would go out with someone like that which hurt and only made it worse.

potatofree Wed, Feb-08-06 21:59

It has to be a toss-up between " disgusting pig" and the oinking sound my then-husband made when he walked in the kitchen and caught me eating a brownie.

ProfGumby Wed, Feb-08-06 22:12

Hmmm....

Most of the hurts from my childhood are very gray and fuzzy....

Mostly right now there is one sentance and a few general things that gring my grits!
When my DW called me a "diet snob". I know it doesn't sound so bad but taken in the context of the general things I elude to...total lack of respect for my own dignity...constant countermanding of my opinion on anything...frequently telling me I don't work in such a field (ie: financial) how would I know anything.......total lack of respect........total lack of support in this WOE and my business venture....total lack of respect and support in my current job hunt to temporarily replace the job that is going away before I needed it to....opening conversations with starters like, "I know you won't care but..."

Aw hell, just constant negative and lack of respect towards all things being me.....I think the biggestn thing is her total lack of love or contentment for herself, her health and her well being....I truly bleed for her...and pray daily....

I don't want to sound to negative, but right now I am really in a funk. (could ya tell???)

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, but........well, there it is..........

nedgoudy Wed, Feb-08-06 23:07

Believe it or not, I get static frrom
people in Overeaters Anonymous
who assume I am a freak and eating
unhealthy because I have lost my weight. :bash:

As a guy who went bald in my teens, (nearly)
what has been said about my obesity in the
past wasn't nearly as bad as the flak I have
taken for being a chrome dome, or a billiard
ball, or simply being called, "fo head." :daze:

GinaLeanne Wed, Feb-08-06 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMKAY 53
This is too painful of a thread :(

I agree, the list goes on and on for me, being in an abusive relationship for years, having been made fun of in junior high, and then having my husband leave me when I was thin for a rich woman 15 years older than me.......

well, I don't want to go there.........I choose to live in the present and the future.....

those things dont bother me now.......I feel the person who said them is the one who has problems and are probably the ones who are in or need therapy right now. I've always been a kind person, and any person that can cut down another person has no love in their heart..