Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Are Pork Rinds the Devil??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=99719)

katiegirl Fri, Apr-18-03 21:11

Are Pork Rinds the Devil???

Just one more question to add to my previous post "Is there anything I should change?"

I forgot to mention that the day before i gained the 1.5 lbs, I ate about 1 whole bag of pork rinds.... yes I know. Too many.
But the spicey onces are so good!!!!!

Anywho, do u think that the sodium I consumed is making me retain water? I did calculations on how many calories I actually intook that day, and given that those pork rinds replaced my dinner, my caloric intake really wasn't that high. Is there a limit to how much sodium you should consume on the atkins diet???

Thanks in advance for your replys!!!

Karen Sat, Apr-19-03 00:31

Quote:
Anywho, do u think that the sodium I consumed is making me retain water?

Yep!

That being said, your weight will fluctuate. Two pounds up, a pound down. Three pounds down, a pound up! It's normal and nothing to worry about.

Karen

MaryToU Sat, Apr-19-03 05:17

I though woman were the devil? :p

I heard that they now have cinnamon pork rinds out there. Haven't found that yet, wait maybe they are the devil? But the cinnamon ones will make better french toast!

katiegirl Sun, Apr-20-03 14:00

How do you make french toast with pork rinds???? :)

Okay, so now that we established that pork rinds in my case have been the devil, I guess I will lay off them for a while and then eat them in moderation. ( I actually have been off them for about 3 days now, and I lost 1 lb. ) Does anyone know how many grams of sodium is okay to have with the atkins diet?

Thank you!!

Katie

MsJinx Sun, Apr-20-03 15:39

For the best result on your scale, don't salt stuff and keep to minimally processed stuff. Cheese has lots of salt, normally, so you'll get plenty of sodium whether ya want it or not. I majorly suffered after pigging out on rinds m'self. Water retention was a nightmare! I still eat them in the waffles that I froze but I have otherwise backed off. Look on the recipe board, under breakfast, then find the french toast. If you want the waffle recipe it's in the same post.

Happy low carbing!
Jinx

FionaC Sun, Apr-20-03 17:31

Oh Katie, I'm laughing here cause even when you posted your menu on the other thread you forgot to mention the pork rinds :roll: definately yes the salt will make you retain water :roll: I hope you get something useful out of the rest of my reply although I think we found the reason here for your increase :D

:D Fiona :D

katiegirl Sun, Apr-27-03 14:19

Hhaha fiona, you caught me! :P actually the day that I posted my menu, I didn't eat any pork rinds :) and I usually don't eat them every day, just happend that day!

I'm doing an egg fast from the tips and stalls forum, anyone have any luck with this? I'm still in a stall after 1 month, I haven't lost anything more than on induction and I actually gained 2 lbs.

Katie

LadyDi Mon, Apr-28-03 19:53

:(

I was doing ok at first then stalled....did a cheat...then stuck to it....gained 5 lbs!!!!! But this is the first time I have weighed in, in 9 days....I am just finnishing my period....but boy I feel sad!!!!!