Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Katie's attempt at a Gym Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=410984)

katyw8y Mon, Apr-19-10 11:12

Katie's attempt at a Gym Log

Okay, I am not an exercise guru to say the least. I have suffered for the past year with sciatica. In the past couple of months it has setteled down but it is always there. I get a bit afraid of doing something wrong during exercise and consequently causing my back pain to flare up. I love to swim but after a few lenghts of front crawl, I am drugged up on pain killers. I need to avoid this. Today I managed to do the full Power 90 video. I did it at my own pace and so far so good, no back pain. :thup:
I am going to try and do something every day to put in this journal. Hopefully as I lose weight I can also work off some of my celulite :lol:

joel381 Tue, Apr-20-10 18:17

Quote:
I get a bit afraid of doing something wrong during exercise and consequently causing my back pain to flare up.
Your concern is worth paying attention to. I took advice to lift heavy, do squats/dead lifts, ended up with back pain as well as other soreness, and just gave up on it. Hopefully I will approach with caution next time and give my body some time to adapt with lighter stuff.

katyw8y Wed, Apr-21-10 09:09

I went for a 30 minute walk last night. Our home is at the top of a steep hill, so If I walk around the property I get a nice long up hill climb all the way back up to the house. It is exausting and my knees are a bit sore today but I feel good for doing it. When the days are nice I hope to continue to get outside and exercise.

katyw8y Wed, Apr-21-10 19:36

Well I don't know if this is real exercise but I jumped on the trampoline for 20 minutes and I was exhausted!!! I hope to do some strength training yet tonight before I go to bed.

katyw8y Thu, Apr-29-10 21:55

WoW!! Lots of days since I have been here! I haven't done much exercise lately but tonight I went for a nice walk with my son. He was riding his horse. It wasn't a strenous walk but I do feel better for doing it.

bacontooth Sun, May-30-10 11:39

Hi there,

Just stopping by to check out your gym log. Thanks for the nice welcome in the other forum.

katyw8y Tue, Sep-07-10 22:10

okay, I haven't been here for 4 months but it is a new day!!
I worked out tonight with the Power 90 sculp and stretch. then I did the ab workout. I think I will feel this all over my body tomorrow!!

katyw8y Mon, Jan-10-11 15:34

It seems like my workout journal needs some actual workout!! Have not committed to a schedule but have been doing some wii dance that is pretty tough. I am going to commit to 30 min per day 5 days per week. now that I put it in writing does that mean I am committed?? Hmmmm........... good luck with that Katie.

katyw8y Tue, Jan-11-11 14:28

WOOHOO!! I can put something into my Gym log today. I managed to do 25 minutes on my tread mill last night. I didn't go far, only 1 km, then I did another 10 minutes of stomach exercises on the floor. Not much, but a start!

katyw8y Wed, Jun-01-11 12:11

May 30
I went swimming and did 6 lengths----

katyw8y Thu, Jun-02-11 09:26

June 1
I went to the pool and managed 12 lengths. That is double what I did on the 30th. I took breaks in between the lengths and slowed my heart rate down before I did another one...don't want to give myself a heart attack..lol Then before I went to bed I did some crunches and some arm exercises with 3 lb weights. I really hate my flabby arms.

katyw8y Fri, Jan-13-12 10:57

Wow! I have not been here since June! UGGG
well now I have some stuff to put in her so lets see....

Jan 9 - Zumba dance 1hr
Jan 10 - meditation - swimming, no lenghts as I had Paige with me.
Jan 11 - bowling 2hrs
Jan 12 - meditation - Zumba Dance 1hr
Jan 13 - bowling 2hrs
I am truly feeling better about all things in life these days, I think just getting out and doing something puts me in a better mood...that and PMS pills!! :)

katyw8y Fri, Jan-27-12 12:16

Jan 9 - Zumba dance 1hr
Jan 10 - meditation - swimming, no lenghts as I had Paige with me.
Jan 11 - bowling 2hrs
Jan 12 - meditation - Zumba Dance 1hr
Jan 13 - bowling 2hrs
Jan 18- bowling 2 hrs
Jan 19 - Zumba 1 hr
Jan 25 - Bowling 2 hrs
Jan 26 - Zumba 1 hr

katyw8y Wed, Sep-12-12 08:34

Sept 12 - Zumba class for 1 hour, I do have a bit of a sore knee this morning tho!

katyw8y Sat, Feb-07-15 12:13

I should have been keeping track of 21 day fix in here! Today is day 12 on it. I missed yesterday so hope to get in 2 workouts one day this week. So I did 30 minutes of dirty 30s today. Yay me!