Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Easy, No Noodle Lasagna (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29207)

tskako Sun, Jan-06-02 07:36

Easy, No Noodle Lasagna

My husband even likes it better than regular lasagna and it was very easy to prepare. Enjoy!

Easy, No Noodle Lasagna

1 pound hamburger
2 eggs
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 C cottage cheese or ricotta
1 T Italian Seasoning, no salt or sugar
1/4 C parmesan cheese
1 1/2 C mozzerella cheese

Brown the hamburger in a skillet. Let it cool. Mix the eggs and spaghetti sauce until well blended in a bowl. Add the hamburger. Place this evenly on the bottom of a 9" square pan. Mix the ricotta and Italian Seasoning. Spread this evenly over the hamburger mixture. Sprinle the parmesan and mozzerella over the ricotta mixture. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Cut into 9 serving squares.

And walla! This was wonderful with a lettuce salad.
I almost forgot. The important information. :daze:
Each serving has about:
327 calories
22 fat gr
12.75 carbs
1.25 fiber gr
11.5 ECC
25.5 gr protein

LC Sponge Sun, Jan-06-02 07:50

YUM thanks - we can't get enough good food ideas here :)

Anything with hamburger and tomato in it has my attention IMMEDIATELY.

gecolon Sun, Jan-06-02 12:14

Yum-Yum sounds good. I think I will try this next weekend.

Victoria Sun, Jan-06-02 12:29

lasagna

I just made lasagna last night and used zucchini sliced the long way to be pretend noodles. I thought it was a great idea and added some vegies and nutrients to the mix. ;) Victoria

tskako Sun, Jan-06-02 17:09

Great idea for adding the zucchini for "noodles". I'm off to heaing up my left overs. Yum yum!

Have a great day!

-tskako

tamarian Sun, Jan-06-02 17:35

I think eggplant slices would work quite nicely for noodle substitute! Hmm, I'm going to make one right now ;)

Wa'il

happy124 Wed, Jan-09-02 12:17

INDUCTION

Can I have this if I am on induction? :q:

DavidA Thu, Jan-10-02 12:12

Thanks for the great recipe. Made it last night and it was very tasty! Mine came out a bit like soup tho...is this the expected consistency, or did I botch something up? Easy for me to do in the kitchen :)

I am thinking I might have used too much sauce...I think it was a 28 oz jar, which seemed to be the "average" at the store.

Have a nice one & thanks again!

-David

eebee Sat, Jan-12-02 17:09

When you say 1 hamburger what do you mean? Is it one round meat patty thing or does it refer to a lump of minced beef? I need a translation from US to UK/NZ English please!

lisawin62 Sat, Jan-12-02 19:44

eebee--1 pound of hamburger is 16 oz ( ormaybe 0.4536 kg makes more sense for you) of ground beef or minced beef as you said.

The recipe sounds really good and I am going to try it. I enjoy hearing from people in other parts of the world. Have a great day. Lisa

eebee Sat, Jan-12-02 20:22

Thanks I thought it must be but it is great to have somewhere to ask now. :thup:

tskako Sat, Jan-12-02 22:32

Glad you're all enjoying!

David, I'm not sure why yours came out soupy. Mine turned out a bit soupy and it was the sauce, so I thought of putting in a little less sauce and see if this works next time.
I'm glad you are all enjoying the recipe.
Happy, 124, I'm not much help on knowing what you can have on induction. I have been following the Protein Power Plan, and I guess I just make sure and have no more than 30 gr carbs a day and stay away from anything that causes cravings for me.

Have a great day!

- tskako

vitaka Sun, Jan-13-02 00:28

Re: Easy, No Noodle Lasagna

Quote:
Originally posted by tskako
And walla!
What's "walla"? I don't think it's available in California… :confused:

tamarian Sun, Jan-13-02 00:36

Re: Re: Easy, No Noodle Lasagna

Quote:
Originally posted by vitaka
What's "walla"? I don't think it's available in California? :confused:

"Walla" means "I swear by Allah" in some languages, and "here/ you go" in others (a German trying to speak French), and possibly a real bad combo in others. but where where you? Hope you had a wonderful holiday :)

Wa'il

Deirdre Sun, Jan-13-02 07:32

Re: Re: Re: Easy, No Noodle Lasagna

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian

"Walla" means "I swear by Allah" in some languages, and "here/ you go" in others (a German trying to speak French), and possibly a real bad combo in others. but where where you? Hope you had a wonderful holiday :)

Wa'il

I thought it was a bad spelling of "voila" , a French word kind of meaning "there you have it, here you go", "ta dum", or something like that. I've always used "voila" that way.