Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

DWRolfe Fri, May-10-02 08:02

Deep Dish Pizza Quiche

Some folks have asked me for the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche recipe that I like so much: :yum:

DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE

4 oz softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs chives
1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella/cheddar mix)
1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth (I use a blender).
Add cream, parmesean cheese and spices.
Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with PAM.
Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over.
Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Spread with sauce and then add your toppings.
Cover with mozzarella cheese.
Bake till browning and bubbly (or however you like your 'za!)
Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

ENJOY! :agree:

I like to have mine with a salad. This freezes well also. I think it's just as easy to make two, then bag and freeze individual portions to throw into my lunchbox. I microwave them for about 3-5 minutes.

Donald :wave:

wangeci Fri, Jun-14-02 16:02

Great

I have made this several times now, it is a staple at my place...

Thank you for sharing...

Cindy

2OnAtkins Tue, Jun-25-02 07:45

Yum

My DH and I have this at least once every 2 weeks. It is great with some grilled chicken and mushrooms. I am also thinking about trying some pesto with it too. Thanks DW!

DWRolfe Tue, Jun-25-02 08:08

Mexican variation...

1 Attachment(s)
I also make this topped with the Taco Meat recipe from this site...plus onion, red and green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, and some mexican cheese...

It's extra special tasty!

Glad you enjoy it so much!

Donald :wave:

RawSienna Thu, Aug-01-02 18:21

This recipe is DELICIOUS!!!
It is so good it should be illegal.
GREAT with a salad...lunch or dinner!
Thanks Donald!!!
Its a definate hit at our house!

damaraq Sun, Aug-04-02 19:34

Hi Donald,

This is a great recipe. Do you happen to have the nutritional info on this dish?

thanks

damaraq :roll:

smc Wed, Aug-07-02 06:17

Lunch

I had friends over yesterday and made this for lunch with a salad and they didn't even know it was low carbs. They loved it. Do you know how many carbs are in this recipe though?

Thanks

Susan

Azure Thu, Aug-08-02 10:00

made this last night with a slight variation. I took pepperoni slices that I had microwaved until crisp, then lined a deep-dish pizza pan with the pepperoni, then layered with the moz cheese and the quiche ingredients. Gave it a very "crust" like texture.

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Donald. It's one of my favorites.

waiting Sun, Aug-11-02 13:26

I am new here and am trying to find some good recipes. This sounds delicious!! I am adding it to my weekly meal plan for this week. I am sure it is really low in carbs especially if you use pizza sauce - the one I have says 4 carbs per serving. Thank you for sharing!! I can't wait to get some more recipes!!

ptjody Tue, Aug-13-02 17:50

:clap: Made this dish this evening and it was a hit with my husband and 3 sons. I used pepperoni as the bottom crust and that really added a wonderful flavor and texture. Delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I look forward to having this frequently and to try different variations.

Tanyaskees Sun, Aug-18-02 17:11

It's in the oven now, can't wait to try it. I will come back with a report in a bit :).

Tanyaskees Sun, Aug-18-02 21:13

OMG, I think I died and gone to heaven. I actually had pizza, I haven't had pizza in almost a year. It was soooooo good..thank you Donald, I loved it.

prushus Mon, Aug-19-02 15:10

deep dish pizza

This sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it. But I'm a little nervous because I don't know what the nutrition counts are. Does anybody know? :q:

prushus Mon, Aug-19-02 15:18

This pizza recipe sounds amazing! I'm a little nervous to try it though because I don't know the nutrition counts. Does anybody?

kellser Mon, Aug-19-02 16:46

ok Donald

I'm new around these parts but I want you to know that you - yes you are my hero. First of all I saw your before & after (really in progress) and you are a superstar look wonderful and then you offer me pizza.

Did I mention hero?
:wave: