Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Nutrition & Supplements (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   The Great CLA EXperiment (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=309311)

abbey Sun, Sep-17-06 20:15

You guys might want to check out iherb.com

They have a special going at the moment: http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductD...s&pid=CLF-13800

$6.99 a month, even with shipping to Australia it beats any price I found over here hands down!

Ladibug52 Sun, Sep-17-06 20:29

Hi, everyone. I have been reading your experiment almost from the begining and I think I'd like to join. Can I jump in late? I haven't ordered or bought anything yet, but will do so this week.

Will check back in later.

Judynyc Sun, Sep-17-06 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey
You guys might want to check out iherb.com

They have a special going at the moment: http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductD...s&pid=CLF-13800

$6.99 a month, even with shipping to Australia it beats any price I found over here hands down!

That is excellent and Thanks for sharing it. Too bad I've just gotten my bottle and will not buy it again until I see if I get any results.

Did you read the review about it being an aphrodesiac? :lol:
Quote:
This review is not just for this product, but is for CLA in general. This product is potent. I do believe it promotes weight loss to a minor extent, but I have found its side effects to be more potent than its affects of weight loss. Side effects: 1.Aphrodisiac (at least that is how it affects me). 2.It apparently has some kind of estrogen affect which MIGHT be helpful to someone as an alternative form of estrogen therapy like for hot flashes. I am in the middle of menopause and was so happy to go without my period for a few months and this stuff made it come back, which did not make me happy at all. When I stopped taking it, it went away again. Someone else might say this was a coincidence, but coupled with the aphrodesiac properties of this supplement, I believe it was directly related

Judynyc Sun, Sep-17-06 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladibug52
Hi, everyone. I have been reading your experiment almost from the begining and I think I'd like to join. Can I jump in late? I haven't ordered or bought anything yet, but will do so this week.

Will check back in later.

Its not my experiment but I'm pretty sure that you can join too :agree: ....Welcome!! :wave:

msbean Sun, Sep-17-06 23:51

Hello, I'd like to join as well. Anyone from Canada in this group? If so, have you been able to get it at Walmart?

daisyboo Mon, Sep-18-06 04:03

18th September

Waist - 32 inch
Waist (at fattest point) 34 inch

I've already been on CLA for one month and been doing a fat burning workout at the gym, i've put on 5lbs and all of it is muscle weight, so i'm not sure how valuable my stats are going to be, but its good for comparison (maybe its the CLA and combo of fat burn exercise with low carb diet :D )

daisy xx

galatia Mon, Sep-18-06 04:16

Quote:

That is excellent and Thanks for sharing it. Too bad I've just gotten my bottle and will not buy it again until I see if I get any results.

Yes, thanks Abbey. If it works for me, it's good to know of a good, inexpensive source. :)

abbey Mon, Sep-18-06 04:31

that's ok, glad I could help.. although I'm not sure how long their special lasts for (I think it's one of their monthly ones)

I'm still waiting for my CLA to get here, they said it ould take about a week maximum, and I'm not sure how good my figures will be for the purposes of research because I'm just getting started on LC again, but I'll post when I have something to post :)

jimsbride Mon, Sep-18-06 05:43

I look at that site. I noticed that it is NOT FDA approved. Having not ordered online nor herbs, is that naturally for a product to be Not FDA approved? This concerns me. And does anyone else order regularly from this site?

Thanks for your help.

Jimsbride

pesky15 Mon, Sep-18-06 06:48

nutritional supplements are not regulated by the FDA

I seem to be down a half inch, but can't tell if I'm just measuring a slightly different spot...

foxgluvs Mon, Sep-18-06 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky15

I seem to be down a half inch, but can't tell if I'm just measuring a slightly different spot...

I have a solution....mark the place with a permanent marker - that way you'll always be able to measure in just the right place ;) :lol::lol:

I AM JOKING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude
Did you read the review about it being an aphrodesiac?

No way! Oh no!!!!!!!!! I like having no sex drive, it means I don't have to do it that often ;) :lol:

foxgluvs Mon, Sep-18-06 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyboo
18th September

Waist - 32 inch
Waist (at fattest point) 34 inch

I've already been on CLA for one month and been doing a fat burning workout at the gym, i've put on 5lbs and all of it is muscle weight, so i'm not sure how valuable my stats are going to be, but its good for comparison (maybe its the CLA and combo of fat burn exercise with low carb diet :D )

daisy xx

Daisy, does that mean you have lost any inches though?

angelpie06 Mon, Sep-18-06 13:38

I've only been on CLA since last Wednesday, but:

1. There is a definite difference in the way my stomach looks. It looks firmer and tighter, especially in the area above my navel...which at my weight is quite a feat.

2. A couple of the measurements have changed slightly (like 1/4 inch), but like others participating in the experiment, I'm hesitant to call it actual reduction at this point since it could be a slight difference in where I've got the tape.

3. Is anyone else experiencing loss of appetite? Unlike a lot of others who do LC, I am often hungry (not craving the bad stuff, just hungry for the legal stuff), despite eating on a regular schedule. For the last three days, I have to keep reminding myself to eat. If this were the only benefit of CLA, I'd be doing the happy dance!

Goddessrhi Mon, Sep-18-06 14:00

I have now lost a total of one inch on my waist and 1/2 inch on under my bustline. Things are looking smoother and I'm pleased. This is without exercise since I've been sick. I'm restarting my belly dancing this week, so I'm excited to see how it works. I want my muscle tone back!

I'm going to be sticking with CLA. I really believe its being beneficial to my weight loss and my overall health.

Sapphire2 Mon, Sep-18-06 16:12

I started taking CLA yesterday. My stomach has been upset today. Has anyone else experienced this when they starting taking it? I make sure I take it with food.