Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Nutrition & Supplements (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   The Great CLA EXperiment (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=309311)

msdbobby Wed, Sep-13-06 11:23

Sounds like it's starting to work great for you Annabel! I can't wait for mine to arrive, I hope it gets here by the end of the week. I may weigh when I start taking it, I was planning on weighing on the 1st anyhow. I plan on taking it as instructed.

angelpie06 Wed, Sep-13-06 12:18

OK, here are my stomach measurements as of 9-13:
midriff - 44
waist at curve - 41 1/2
waist at navel - 43 3/4
hips - 50 1/4

The midriff measurement is a new one. The others I've been following for the last month and in one month's time, the inches lost have been:

waist at curve - 1
waist at navel - 4 1/4
hips - 1 5/8

I'll compare that with the month starting 9-13.

Also, I bought my CLA at the health food store...the woman there told me that while the dose on the package is 1 three times per day (for a total of 3,000 mg), she has a couple of customers who doubled that during weight loss, then went to the recommended dose for maintenance. I'm going to take the recommended dose for a week or so and see how I tolerate it and then possibly increase it. I'll let you know.

pesky15 Wed, Sep-13-06 20:55

hey y'all,

I'd like to join in. Bought CLA today and couldn't find a measuring tape, but measured with ribbon and will track down a tape measure tomorrow!!

Sapphire2 Wed, Sep-13-06 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
I wonder if it'll make much difference if I take 2, 3 or the 4 caps per day as suggested on the bottle?

SARA from all the literature I've read the studies were on participants that took 3000 mg daily (1000mg 3x's daily)

MISBOBBY Have did you receive you CLA yet? I'm still anxiously awaiting.

ANNABEL A noticable difference already? Whoo-Hoo!!!!!

Annabel33 Wed, Sep-13-06 22:04

In theory, if the amount that stops the fats being broken down is 3000, then taking double that won't make a blind bit of difference...

I'll think about this one further and see if I can come up with anything.

Annabel33 Thu, Sep-14-06 03:25

Day 4 for me, friends.

Seems to be fine, although I did have a little abdominal discomfort last night, but I had to put that down to eating Chilli for breakfast and lunch rather than the CLA. :D

All fine today. :)

fallsgal Thu, Sep-14-06 07:30

ditto with the tummy upset for me - but of course porking back three pieces of cheesecake yesterday (started at brekkies) my poor system is whacked out! DS and I are self-medicating with food as we're upset about Mum's health crisis. But today: back to proper LC plan and lots of water. Must keep on track through crises like this one of I'll be back where I started in a week. so onward and upward with LC and CLA.

msdbobby Thu, Sep-14-06 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire2
[B
MISBOBBY[/B] Have did you receive you CLA yet? I'm still anxiously awaiting.

No, still haven't received mine. DH is a mailman in our area so if it's coming through USPS then I won't get it today. I just called him and there are no packages for me today.
I measured the other day but I'm going to measure again when I start CLA.
I've experienced some stomach upset with the chromium that I take so maybe when I start taking CLA I'll cut out chromium for awhile. That way I'll know if CLA causes stomach upset for me.

pesky15 Thu, Sep-14-06 17:30

Hi y'all. Took cla today but kept forgetting to take it until after eating. So need to be better about that.

My measurements:

part of my body just above the curves of the hip/butt, my muffin top: 38
navel: 32
natural waist: 30.5
base of rib cage: 28

Annabel33 Thu, Sep-14-06 17:32

Day5. No problems. :)

Hi Pesky. Mine just says 'with food' so before or after or inbetween, who knows? :lol:

galatia Fri, Sep-15-06 04:13

Hi everyone. :)
I got the EAS CLA from Wal-Mart. It costs $18.97 a bottle.
It's 1.5 grams for 2 caps. It recommends 2 3xs a day. That's 2 weeks worth per bottle. I only say this for others reading wondering about those things. Because I was wondering. :) I started taking it yesterday.
My measurements were:
weight: 147
waist at curve: 29
at navel: 31.5
below navel: 33 (I have a uterine tumor the size of a softball in this area)
low hips: 38 (wide part of behind)
thighs: 36.5
I put up those other measurements to see if it impacts these areas as well. :)
Also, I am 51 years old, I weight train and do 20 mins. of cardio 4 times a week. This has been my habit for a good while. My measurements haven't changed in a good while either.

Annabel33 Fri, Sep-15-06 04:43

Galatia, you're so fit... Do you actually have any fat to lose from there? :lol:

Welcome to the thread and I await your results in eager anticipation :wave:

galatia Fri, Sep-15-06 06:50

I just saw this in the other CLA thread. It sounds good. :)

http://www23.netrition.com/pbl_clarinol_plus_page.html

Oh yes.....I have plenty of fat!! :lol: But thanks for the compliment. :)

ShayKNJ Fri, Sep-15-06 08:33

Thanks for that link Galatia, I just ordered some. Once I receive it I will join you all in the experiment. I am looking forward toit. I have this fat on my abdomen and yet I am lean everywhere else. I really do not need to go down anymore in my weight either, I just need to get rid of the fat, my jelly belly. :lol:

Goddessrhi Fri, Sep-15-06 09:22

I'm down half an inch under my bustline and I would swear that the rest of my stomach is having a much smoother appearance. I know its early into this experiment, but I do think its working. Or something is working, LOL.

Not bad for three days in.