Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Summer Yet? Cause I'm Getting Fit! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95947)

SummerYet Tue, Apr-01-03 13:10

Summer Yet? Cause I'm Getting Fit!

1 Attachment(s)
Just starting this today since I started the fitness challenge.

Mine will not be very impressive for a while, but it is what it is...

Monday 3/31
WAP 1 mile w/modified weights

Tuesday 4/1

DarkLotus Tue, Apr-01-03 15:27

Just starting is a huge step in the right direction! WTG, not bad for a first day! :thup:

SummerYet Wed, Apr-02-03 05:48

Thanks DarkLotus :)

Day 3:

I made it through the hump day of my goal...I think I will get the 5x in!

Yesican Wed, Apr-02-03 07:06

I think you WILL too!
Great job!
:thup:

SummerYet Thu, Apr-03-03 19:18

Almost forgot to post here!!

DAY 4:

Thank you Yesican for coming and supporting me!!! It helps a lot :)

~Michelle

Natrushka Thu, Apr-03-03 20:32

Wow, Michelle, is your attitude ever sky high :)

I remember when I started out exercising regularly for the first time in my life. It was 1988, it was in my dark, dingy basement in Winnipeg, and it was to these aerobic programs that I'd tape of PBS at 6:30 a.m. :) And it worked. I've been hooked on those beta endorphins ever since.

'Will keep looking in on you!
Nat

andermk Thu, Apr-03-03 21:02

Michelle,

This is my first time exercising regularly too! I was going to wimp out tonight because I had worked in my garden, but something took over and I ended up doing my exercises :D . Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is WAP?

Kim

SummerYet Fri, Apr-04-03 05:51

I DID IT!!!! IDID IT!!!!! I DID IT!!!! :cheer:

I made it throuhg week one of the challenge and met my goal. As of 6:30 AM I have completed my program 5x this week :)

Next week I will be moving from modified weights to full weights with the 1 mile.

This IS a good feeling of accomplishment. Still can't wait for my Pilates to arrive :)

DAY 5:
WAP 1 mile w/mofified weights

NAT
I am glad I seem like I have a good attitude :lol: I have committed myself to giving it my all in this month, to see if this is really going to work for me, and I will do that. Hopefully everything will work out and I will be here til June 30!! :thup:

KIM
You aren't stupid at all! WAP is Walking Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone. A walking video that incorporates weights. I really like it. They have a 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile. I am working my way up. Started 1 mile w/no weights, went to modified weights, now next week will do full weights. After that I wil go to 2 miles...etc. Check it out. Some like her, some don't I guess it is a personal opinion thing...keep up the great work!!

~Michelle

SummerYet Sun, Apr-06-03 07:52

Couldn't post yesterday (Saturday) but it was a day off anyway.

SummerYet Sun, Apr-06-03 07:54

Taday is my 2nd day off. Tomorrow I begin WAP with FULL weights...wish me luck!!

Still waiting for my Pilates to arrive! :mad:

~Michelle

SummerYet Mon, Apr-07-03 16:34

OK...today I started the WAP 1 mile with full weights.

I was a little unsure if I could do it, but I did. It was a little tough at the end but I made it :D I will do this all this week, then go to 2 mile with no weights next week.

MY PILATES VIDEOS ARRIVED!!!!!!

I am so excited :) (Gee could you tell :rolleyes: LOL) I am going to check it out tonight, then I am going to try to do it 3x this week. Still trying to actually figure out a schedule....

So here we are...week two...no stopping me!

~Michelle

DarkLotus Mon, Apr-07-03 17:07

:cheer: Keep up the good work, you're doing great! How do you feel? :cheer:

SummerYet Tue, Apr-08-03 05:05

Thanks for the encouragement DarkLotus!! I am feeling good. I feel it when I do the workout, especially with the weights, but I am not feeling soreness after or anything like that. Overall I just fell happy that I am actually movin my butt! :lol:

Today I did WAP 1 mile w/full weights

Did NOT want to get up today. Cold, snow, DARK...ugh! I have to try to get to bed earlier AND just talk myself out of the fact it is dark and not still night time! Last week it was sunnt at 5:30, now its DARK...YUCK! Too a while, but I DID do it, and I guess that is all that matters!

~Michelle

SummerYet Wed, Apr-09-03 05:21

Well last night I didn't get in til after midnight (not what I planned) so I decided not to set my alarm early and get the sleep I needed. I have a "long" (I don't know what that exactly means) meeting today after school, AND I have to go do laundry or I will be going naked to my fundraiser Friday. So one of 2 things will happen today:

1. If everything takes too long and I get home too late, today will be one of my days off

2. If I get home at a reasonable hour and can realistically get in bed by 10, I will exercise tonight

I will keep you updated. I hope I can exercise today because this weekend will be tough!

~Michelle

SummerYet Wed, Apr-09-03 23:38

Well...didn't get to exercise today, got home after 10...was exhausted. Lay in bed, fell asleep for about 10 min...something woke me up, and here I am 2 1/2 hours later with insomnia. I know it is stress, but it still sux.

If I ever get to sleep, I dont know if I will want to get up early for exercise. So I will again either do it when I get hom oe take my 2nd (and last) day off for the week.

SO frustrating!

~Michelle