Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Sweetcake's Weight Loss Journey to Success! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=224082)

Sweetcake Thu, Dec-16-04 12:36

I lost 100 pounds!!!!!!

I started low carb dieting in Feb 2004. Before I started my diet I weighed about 230 pounds and now I am down to about 130 pounds. So in 14 months I have lost 100 pounds. I am 5' 4" tall. I have gone from a size 22 down to a size 5/6 and I am very excited! I have been extremely overweight almost all of my adult life (about 20+ years). A few reason that I decided to finally try to lose weight were actually seeing what I looked like in my vacation pictures taken in Jan 2004. I felt like crying when I saw those pictures. My oldest daughter got married in November 2004 and I wanted to lose enough weight to look good for the wedding. I also suffer from lower back pain and was always tired lugging around so much extra weight on my small frame. Since I have now reached my goal I have added back complex carbs and all fruit back into my diet. I will never add in the bad WHITE stuff again to my diet like white flour, regular pasta, white rice, and ALL SUGAR! I am very committed to keeping the weight off and staying this size for the rest of my life! Since I have lost 100 pounds I feel so much better... I have more energy and feel so much better about myself. I joined this forum in late August after I had lost about 75 pounds all on my own. It was so much easier to lose the last 25 pounds with all the help and support of everyone in this forum... to those people I extend my gratitude! For those reading this who are just beginning their journey... please keep at it! If I can do it .. you can do it... just take it one low carb day at a time!

lisaissa Thu, Dec-16-04 14:13

You look fantastic. Reading your story has given me the burst of energy to make sure I am also a success. You look like a totally different person.

Dewi Thu, Dec-16-04 14:26

Hi Carol,

What an inspiring story...and I love the slideshow!

Dewi

Sweetcake Thu, Dec-16-04 19:48

Thanks for the nice comments!!

ErinRN Sat, Dec-18-04 10:59

Weightloss Sucess

Thanks you so much for your slide show. It made me cry. You look fantastic and are a trus inspiration!

Erin

ausgirl Sat, Dec-18-04 14:18

That slide show is fantastic. You are truely an inspiration.

Ausgirl

bob2112 Sun, Dec-19-04 07:25

Thanks for sharing that great story. Best wishes for your future!!

zedneser Sun, Dec-19-04 07:42

Congratulations on your success. The difference in the before and after pictures is truly amazing. You look so much younger.
It's very inspirational.

Galadriell Mon, Dec-20-04 11:47

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Remarkable success, determination. I hope you stay around to share your experience, wisdom.

HILARIOUS slide show :D

Eva

Maureen721 Sun, Dec-26-04 16:07

Wow, I'm so impressed. I am so inspired. You look 15 yrs younger too. Congratulations!

KatCanDo Wed, Dec-29-04 10:46

WOW!! is all I have to say. I am on Day 3 and sooo motivated by this. I will make sure I come back and read this over and over throughout my journey... This is truly wonderful.

DollGirl Fri, Dec-31-04 13:39

You look amazing. Your show made me tear up!
Could you tell us how you did it, i.e, what was your general plan, caloric level, and did you eat LC products? (Or maybe link if you have posted it elsewhere?)

BriansMom Sat, Jan-01-05 16:11

CONGRATULATIONS! :Party: :Party: :Party: :cheer: :cheer:

You look amazing. Thank your for sharing your story-you are right-its a journey one day at a time!

THANKS and congrats--you look marrrrhvelous!

Sweetcake Sat, Jan-01-05 18:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollGirl
You look amazing. Your show made me tear up!
Could you tell us how you did it, i.e, what was your general plan, caloric level, and did you eat LC products? (Or maybe link if you have posted it elsewhere?)

I basically ate nothing but meat fish and veggies eggs and cheese in order to lose the weight. I have now added back in fruit and only complex carbs. I still do not eat the bad white stuff like white rice, white bread, regular pasta, and all sugar! I did not count carbs or calories, but tried to eat low carb and low calorie in order to lose the weight. I evaluated everything I put into my mouth and made sure that above all else that it was healthy for me. I also was very determined and did not cheat until I ate wedding cake at my daughter's wedding recently. Over my recent business trip and the holidays I have gained back 3 pounds but now am back on track and will definately suceed in losing the last 4 pounds very soon. My New Years resolution is to make it to the gym at least 2 times a week in order to tone up and gain muscle!

Kristine Sun, Jan-02-05 10:22

Wow! Congratulations. :thup: :thup: What an inspiring journey. You look great and must feel great, too!

Cool slideshow. :cool: