Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   easy deviled eggs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=434060)

weezerchic Sun, Oct-02-11 13:28

easy deviled eggs

this recipe is super easy. boil your eggs i boiled for 16 minutes
i peel them running them under cool water i actually let them sit in the cool water awhile after i dump out the hot water and i add ice to the cool water
half your eggs
take the yolks out and put them in a bowl to mix
i mixed with mayo and frenches spicey brown mustard and salt and pepper
mix to the consistancy you like and salt and pepper to taste i liked mine creamy i just made these today only boiled like 3 eggs and since i didnt mess them up peeling them i decided to make deviled eggs like them much better then reg boiled eggs
i love frenches spicey brown mustard no carbs :)

Elizellen Mon, Oct-03-11 10:17

That sounds yummy!! :thup:

I haven't made devilled eggs for a long while but might just do some soon after reading your post.

mike_d Mon, Oct-03-11 19:11

I have been steaming my eggs in a veggie steamer for about 10 minutes then put in cold water. They always peel easily, even fresh eggs. Got the Idea from the "The Egg Genie as seen on TV."

patriciakr Mon, Oct-03-11 19:39

Devilled eggs..yum. I also like fiddling - tuna devilled eggs, shrimp devilled eggs..might not use the mustard with the tuna version, though could see it with the shrimp.

I use Annie's brand organic mustard - sugar free (have to check, she has several varieties of mustard, some do contain a sweetner/carbs).

Beez in BR Mon, Oct-03-11 20:21

Love deviled eggs!

I found some pickle relish sweetened with Splenda! Yum!!!!

Garison46 Mon, Jan-09-12 08:21

easy deviled eggs

Your deviled eggs recipe list look fantastic. I personally like finely chopped celery and relish in mine, but once someone put horseradish in their recipe and didn’t tell me. I almost yacked, it was so nasty! Basic is good, very good and I can see myself eating quite a few of these!

sexym2 Mon, Jan-09-12 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garison46
Your deviled eggs recipe list look fantastic. I personally like finely chopped celery and relish in mine, but once someone put horseradish in their recipe and didn’t tell me. I almost yacked, it was so nasty! Basic is good, very good and I can see myself eating quite a few of these!

Basic is very good :)

Magmoon Thu, Jan-19-12 15:50

I use a mix of horseradish & mayo :) I guess we all have different tastes.

Junesgirl Mon, Sep-03-12 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
I have been steaming my eggs in a veggie steamer for about 10 minutes then put in cold water. They always peel easily, even fresh eggs. Got the Idea from the "The Egg Genie as seen on TV."

Gosh I never heard of doing the eggs this way!!! I am going to try it right now!! I always have the hardest time peeling the eggs even when I put them in ice water!----thank you for this idea!! :wave:

KristyRusi Fri, Jan-25-13 03:35

This minus the mustard is how i make mine usually, with a sprinkle of paprika on top. I never did like the relish (which my family has always put in it) and i skip the onions also. But i have done them with the tuna and pretty good since crackers are very hard to come by lol.

Katy2777 Sat, Mar-02-13 06:37

Just got myself a Cuisinart egg cooker. It really works wonderfully!

Always had a hard time peeling hard boiled eggs. With this cooker, they are really easy to peel.

Katy

chuck41 Thu, Apr-04-13 12:35

Anyone tried the oven method for "boiled" eggs? I have seen it posted several times in different places but have net yet tried it myself.
Put eggs in muffin tins and cook at 325* for thirty minutes. Cool in ice water. Posts indicate they shell easily without sticking to the shell.
Chuck

cuechick Sat, Oct-26-13 18:37

I blend a some very ripe avocado to mayo and Sriracha... yum!

Kirsteen Sat, Oct-26-13 22:19

I never have a problem peeling boiled eggs. As soon as they are finished boiling, I fill the pot with cold water and lightly tap each egg all over to break the shell, then peel it under the running (cold water) tap while the egg is still hot. I find them difficult to peel if they have been allowed to cool down before shelling them.

CF1 Wed, Nov-20-13 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerchic
this recipe is super easy. boil your eggs i boiled for 16 minutes
i peel them running them under cool water i actually let them sit in the cool water awhile after i dump out the hot water and i add ice to the cool water
half your eggs
take the yolks out and put them in a bowl to mix
i mixed with mayo and frenches spicey brown mustard and salt and pepper
mix to the consistancy you like and salt and pepper to taste i liked mine creamy i just made these today only boiled like 3 eggs and since i didnt mess them up peeling them i decided to make deviled eggs like them much better then reg boiled eggs
i love frenches spicey brown mustard no carbs :)

Quick n' easy! I'm going to try this with one of those microwave egg cookers. 2 eggs, 68 seconds in my microwave. Thanks for the recipe.