Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Victoria trip to Nanaimo and November dinner.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=384553)

Mousesmom Sat, Oct-25-08 18:10

Victoria trip to Nanaimo and November dinner....

Nice to see Jude and Steph today at Glo.... good food and good company. Missed everyone else!!!!

We were talking about a trip to Nanaimo perhaps on November 8 (Saturday). Who's up for that?

We should also try for another dinner soon. I'm here all month (don't be TOO shocked now!!!)

See you all soon, Julie

GlendaRC Mon, Oct-27-08 08:01

Wet-blanket Glenda back again ... We have a show at the Holiday Inn on the 8th, and one in Sidney on the 9th so that weekend is out for me. I think that's my only commitment this month so far.

Mousesmom Mon, Oct-27-08 09:41

Ok, how about November 15 Glenda?

Julie

GlendaRC Mon, Oct-27-08 13:01

Oops! Should have looked at my calendar before I spoke. 14th & 15th is Pearkes Arena for an antique show. The 1st is clear as is the 22th & 29th. I guess we should check with Neecy to see when she's available as well! Neecy, are you monitoring this?

Sandollar Mon, Oct-27-08 13:22

I am free the weekend of the 15th and the weekend of the 22nd!

IslandGirl Tue, Oct-28-08 10:28

So I'm leaning to the 22nd, then. I'm sure there's somewhere nice and reasonably affordable to have a Nanaimo outing. Maybe get some shopping in as well as, say, lunch! ;) Car pooling. Like that!

:wave:

Mousesmom Tue, Oct-28-08 17:58

Carpooling sounds like a good idea.... I'll offer up the Mousemobile for the trip.

Shopping is always fun!

Julie

Mousesmom Fri, Nov-07-08 10:45

Ok, slight change of plan.... I can't drive up until I get new front brakes on the Mousemobile - they are ok in town for a few more weeks but the mechanic suggested no long trips til they are replaced.

Julie

Sandollar Fri, Nov-07-08 13:52

I just became unavailable on the 22nd...:(

Mousesmom Fri, Nov-07-08 16:52

How does a midweek dinner sound for everyone? Perhaps the week of the 17th (not Thursday 20th)?

Julie

Mousesmom Fri, Nov-07-08 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandollar
I just became unavailable on the 22nd...:(

That's too bad Steph..... hope to see you soon.

How is "he"? ;)

Julie

Sandollar Sat, Nov-08-08 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
How is "he"? ;)

:wave: Awesome! We are doing a big dinner for my whole family on the 22nd...it's the only day we have to get everybody together...

Any weekday night is good for me right now except Thursdays, which is "Pub Night" with my sister.

Unless you guys wanted to join us for Pub night! (Ross Bay Pub)

IslandGirl Sun, Nov-09-08 20:27

Never been to the Ross Bay Pub...matter of fact, I don't think I even know where it is. Do they have food?

:wave:

GlendaRC Sun, Nov-09-08 21:16

Ross Bay Pub ... is that the one on the corner of Moss & Fairfield? I usually enjoy pub food although it's often a little more carby than we usually allow ourselves. Hmmmm.... wonder if they'd be hospitable to menu deconstructors!?? I have a meeting on the 27th but the 20th is open.

Mousesmom Mon, Nov-10-08 10:44

Sorry all, I have an appointment on the 20th after work until close to 7....

Julie