Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   What are your Mini Goals? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=461464)

bcbeauty Thu, Nov-17-16 15:54

WTG ANDANTE :cheer: :cheer:

bcbeauty Thu, Nov-17-16 15:56

I haven't set any mini goals so.... here's one!!

Make the 170's by the 25th of February for our Cabo holiday!

OtherCher2 Fri, Nov-18-16 06:36

After not losing one single ounce in October, I'm finally losing again in November! So my goal is to lose 10 lbs by the time we leave for our Caribbean cruise in January.

patriciakr Fri, Nov-18-16 06:43

First one - get back to the weight I was pre-election :lol: - 262+ by average.

Next: 259 - so I have under 100 pounds to go.
3rd: 215 - will have lost half the weight I regained when I flunked maintenance
4th: 199 - back in onderland
5th. Goal - 160.

andante Thu, Jan-12-17 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by andante
I've had to add some more mini goals because the distance between goals is too far!

Goal 2 1/2: Get to the "50 pounds lost" mark (187.6) (done today!)
Goal 2 3/4: Get into the 170s

Well, I just achieved goal 2 3/4 -- I just squeaked into the 170s.
Now for the next big goal -- getting out of the 170s will get me out of the "overweight" classification.

patriciakr Fri, Jan-13-17 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by andante
Well, I just achieved goal 2 3/4 -- I just squeaked into the 170s.
Now for the next big goal -- getting out of the 170s will get me out of the "overweight" classification.

Awesome - that's how that will feel :) Congrats on your progress. :thup:

I am stuck with new mini goals after a disastrous December and being ill for the past couple of weeks. 1: get back to 270. 2: get back to 262 and then what I'd posted before. :lol:

andante Sun, Feb-26-17 08:59

I just HAVE to brag on this .... as of this morning, I have broken into the "not overweight" category for my height, according to WHO, CDC, etc... just under 169 pounds, a hair less than the 25 BMI cutoff. Of course, now I can't gain even 1/2 a pound or I will have an existential crisis, but.... for the first time in almost 25 years, I am not "overweight." My goal weight is still a little bit away, but I will get there soon :) :) :)

BTW, there is a more generous age-adapted "overweight" cutoff at http://www.smartbmicalculator.com/ . But given that at my current weight, my waist measurement is exactly half of my height, I am happy to stick with the traditional SDC/WHO definitions.

jessdamess Mon, Feb-27-17 10:04

Excellent!

chicachyna Mon, Feb-27-17 11:22

1. Lose the 6 lbs I've gained since December
2. Fast 20 hours twice a week during Lent

Jamackarch Mon, Apr-03-17 20:25

WTG, Andante!!! Bravo!

Great goals everyone! :agree:

First mini-goal is 30 days straight of being on the boards- like the old days- which means 30 days of perfect eating! For me, board activity and eating are inextricably linked.

I am aiming for a new personal best by the end of September...so, that would be anything less than 141 (my personal best in the almost 3 yrs on this journey (Wow, can it POSSIBLY be that long?!) I've been on this board.)

It took me almost exactly 6 months of concentrated-rock-solid-no-deviations-at all-laser-focus the first time. I have don't care'd my way back up to almost my original starting point. ridiculous. SO incredulous at myself. And, I imagine it will be the same, or harder, this time. No illusions.

But, I WILL get there...then, BEYOND!

Learning the hard way,
jams

andante Thu, Apr-06-17 17:53

I swear, this mini goal section is my favorite one. And today I reached a mini goal that I didn't even know I had, which is that I am finally in the same decade as my goal. My goal is 155 and I squeaked down to 159.4! And it says I am 95 percent to goal. It has taken me just over a year. The maintenance monster is just around the corner!

Jamackarch Thu, Apr-06-17 21:24

WOOHOO, Andante!!! Goal Decade!!! That ROCKS!!! :D well done, you!

jessdamess Fri, Apr-07-17 08:39

Excellent!