Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Today's lunch :) What did you have? #2 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=466848)

Molly B Sun, Nov-24-19 06:14

I had some leftover chicken salad I made with celery, chicken breast, mayo and mustard. And a string cheese. It wasn't much because my breakfast was quite large.

Molly B Mon, Nov-25-19 16:49

I had 2 cheese sticks for lunch, because that's all I had with me. So what I'm making, and it's really late now for lunch, but this is it, is some green bean bundles wrapped in a strip of bacon.

I put half a stick of butter in a pan, (depending on how many bundles, I may use up to one stick of butter), 2 tbsp of garlic powder, 2 tbsp worcestershire, and about 3-4 packets of splenda. Melt it all together, and adjust the taste.

Sometimes I like a little more worcestershire sauce, sometimes more garlic. But it has become one of my most favorite dishes. A meat and veggie, and a fat, all in one.

Oh, and each bundle has about 7 long fresh green beans in it.

mviesprite Sun, Dec-29-19 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly B
...green bean bundles wrapped in a strip of bacon...

Molly, thank you for posting this - my sister made bacon wrapped asparagus for Xmas - so good! I also have a recipe for a deli roast beef lunch meat with a steamed asparagus stalk and a dab of horseradish sauce roll up that I've taken a few for lunch. Thanks for a new good idea.

today: leftover Prime rib w/ horseradish sauce... sooooo good.
-Kat

Meme#1 Sun, Dec-29-19 16:00

Eggs and bacon

mviesprite Wed, Jan-01-20 12:44

Still making these caramelized yellow squash omelet's with a couple chunks of aged cheddar in them - they are so good. Using up the boatload of summer squash that was given to me.

mviesprite Sat, Jan-04-20 17:29

Unstuffed Cabbage - basically LC cabbage rolls without being rolled up - just made into a casserole. Pretty good.

Robin120 Sun, Jan-05-20 14:20

Eggs, cheddar and avo
Hot tea and water
Snacking on Siracha roasted broad beans (Bada beans) and carrots with ranch, iced peach tea.

mviesprite Mon, Jan-20-20 16:51

Clam dip and pork rinds

Robin120 Tue, Jan-21-20 16:58

Eggs and cheddar with an avo and sour cream
Broccoli and cheese sauce
Strawberry sparkling water and a raspberry one

Snack- quest protein chips in sour cream and onion

mviesprite Sun, Feb-02-20 13:48

Bacon slices and a piece of Brie, zapped for 8 seconds, decaf honey-camomile green tea

denky01 Tue, Feb-11-20 14:51

fried pork chop with roasted broccoli and cheese

mviesprite Tue, Mar-31-20 13:41

Made a cheese plate, Borgonzola (brie/gorgonzola mix from Aldi's), sharp cheddar, white cheddar-Parm cheese, Gruyere, smoked Gouda

mviesprite Thu, Apr-02-20 10:50

Kristine's breakfast sandwiches - which are 2 fried eggs with sausage pattie and today it's smoked gouda in the middle. 2nd cup of decaf/HC

mviesprite Thu, Apr-16-20 14:45

Hard-boiled egg sliced with salt and Asian chile garlic sauce, sliced avocado; decaf honey/chamomile/green tea

mviesprite Thu, May-14-20 10:55

LC Chicken Tetrazzini, decaf w/HC