Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Atkins Induction Acceptable Food List (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482)

MontiMarra Sun, Jan-16-11 06:39

I was wondering how much of clear beef/chicken soup is permitted during induction. I plan on making it myself and putting things like carrot, parsnip, celery, leeks and meat BUT not eating any of that (except for meat), just drinking the soup. Would this be legal during induction? I was wondering if any of that stuff that is not permitted such as carrot would actually leak some of the carbs into the soup. I know it sounds silly, just want to make sure as I want to do induction 100% by the book so sometimes I get a bit paranoid about hidden carbs.

Elizellen Sun, Jan-16-11 12:10

I would leave out the carrots and parsnips and maybe add turnip or celeriac (celery root) which are both allowed on induction instead - then eat it all and not have the worry about getting extra carbs from the starchy veggies.

I often use my food processor to puréé cooked veg and meat to which I add cream and butter to make a hearty filling soup.

MontiMarra Sun, Jan-16-11 14:57

Thanks Elizellen, that sounds reasonable. I already ate the beef from the soup though, hope I didn't consume some starchy stuff with it

Elizellen Mon, Jan-17-11 11:37

Well, nothing you can do about it now! Just think of it as another section of the learning curve negotiated.

nancyw Sat, Feb-05-11 07:31

Has any one heard of zero carb cookbooks?

Just getting started and looking for good ones. I saw a zero carb slow cooker cookbook at barnes and noble, but don't know if it's good for the beginner.. andbody know?

Elizellen Sat, Feb-05-11 16:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyw
Just getting started and looking for good ones. I saw a zero carb slow cooker cookbook at barnes and noble, but don't know if it's good for the beginner.. andbody know?

I wonder what recipes apart from ones that use only meat and fat/oil could be truly "zero carb"?
As spices, herbs and all veggies do have carbs it sounds as if the recipes would taste fairly bland without them ;)

GlendaRC Sat, Feb-05-11 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyw

Before you spend a lot of money on cookbooks, make sure you check out the slow-cooker recipes right here in our own recipe section. All tested and enjoyed by your fellow members. Find them here: Low Carb Slow Cooker recipes

Tiki1960 Wed, Feb-23-11 14:50

I wonder if this needs to be updated, or is there a separate place for the New Atkins Diet?

cnmLisa Wed, Feb-23-11 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki1960
I wonder if this needs to be updated, or is there a separate place for the New Atkins Diet?

This is for New Diet Revolution-DANDR. NOT New Atkins, New You--NANY.

I don't know if there is an induction list for NANY. This DANDR list was posted and made a sticky waaaaayyyy before NANY was ever published.

If you haven't already, if you are following NANY, make sure you have a copy of the book.;)

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

Elizellen Thu, Feb-24-11 06:34

If you have the time, Tiki, maybe you can type out the induction list from the new book (NANY) and post it in this forum with an appropriate subject title so others wanting to follow it instead of DANDR will have a thread to check the details?

Kristine Thu, Feb-24-11 07:21

I edited the first post of the thread to mention that it's from DANDR. Thanks, Elizellen. :thup:

Tiki1960 Thu, Feb-24-11 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
This is for New Diet Revolution-DANDR. NOT New Atkins, New You--NANY.

I don't know if there is an induction list for NANY. This DANDR list was posted and made a sticky waaaaayyyy before NANY was ever published.

If you haven't already, if you are following NANY, make sure you have a copy of the book.;)

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

Okay, thanks. I'm still new to all the acronyms and differences in the low carb plans. Didn't mean to offend. :)

Tiki1960 Thu, Feb-24-11 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
If you have the time, Tiki, maybe you can type out the induction list from the new book (NANY) and post it in this forum with an appropriate subject title so others wanting to follow it instead of DANDR will have a thread to check the details?

Again, sorry! I didn't mean to offend. I'm very grateful to those who have taken so much time to put lists here.

JohnGibson Thu, Feb-24-11 08:48

Here is the link for phase 1 of Atkins from their site. It looks like NANY Phase 1 is very very very very (did I say very) similar to DANDR Phase 1.

http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase...nthisPhase.aspx

cnmLisa Thu, Feb-24-11 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki1960
Okay, thanks. I'm still new to all the acronyms and differences in the low carb plans. Didn't mean to offend. :)

NO offense and NO worries.
I think it's a great idea to make a NANY induction food list and get it made into a sticky.
Any NANY followers up to that??

Progress not perfection.

Lisa