Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=66981)

Azure Mon, Oct-21-02 18:13

Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce

My local grocery store finally has an all-natural peanut butter. The ingedients list nothing but peanuts. No added salt or sugar. It's 5g carbs, minus 2g fibre for just 3g ecc in 2 tablespoons. I know you guys have all probably been using this, but this is something new to me and I've been experimenting with it to see what all I can make. I had this last night. Very nummy.

Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cubed
ground ginger (to taste)
1 clove garlic, minced
peanut oil

Sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons warm water
1 tablespoon brown sugartwin
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Combine chicken, garlic and ginger. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add chicken, stir-frying until done to your liking.

Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix. Can nuke it a minute if you want it hot. Pour over chicken. 4 servings with about 3 - 5g ecc per servicing.

sherry Lil Mon, Jan-20-03 17:29

it was good but.....

The chicken w/ peanut sauce was very good and smelled even better, but I do not like any sweetner other than splenda... any subs for the sugar twin??? I could taste it .... I took the left overs to my parents and my dad loved it!!!! he wanted more!!! maybe the aftertaste was all in my head............. :q:

Azure Tue, Jan-21-03 03:33

You could use splenda. I used the brown sugar twin because I like the taste of brown sugar in this dish. :)

NANCI B Thu, Jan-30-03 17:42

wonderful recipe

You have done it again!!!

I made this for lunch one day and wrapped it up in a lettuce leaf like they are doing in the fancy thai restaurants. My hubby, who hates peanut butter, loved it. I made a dipping sauce out of fish sauce, vinegar, and soy. It was so yummy. I made it again the following week with pork loin. It was still yummy.

Thank you,

Nanci

Azure Thu, Jan-30-03 19:39

yay! I'm glad someone likes my recipes. This is one of my favorites. And I actually haven't made it in a while. Will have to fix that.

ReneeTN Sat, Feb-08-03 21:30

sounds really yummy!

this sounds great.....as soon as i find the pnut butter i'm making it....my whole family would like this one....

thanks!!! :wave:

Beanie Mon, Feb-17-03 15:18

I can't wait to try this! I am making it tonight. I love the natural peanut butter and I logged on today to find a good recipe for dinner and it looks like this will hit the spot. It sounds like you have other good recipes....I can't wait to find more of them. Thanks!
Beanie

gladehaven Sat, Mar-01-03 15:41

Oh I am DEFinitely trying this one very soon!

Thanks for the recipe! :)

Pooch Mon, Mar-03-03 20:40

I just did it tonight and it was great.

jerppt Wed, Jul-30-03 18:27

I just tried the Thai Chicken with Peanut sauce and it was wonderful - One question--???
:confused: :confused:
How much ginger do I use-I have never used ginger before so not sure how potent it is?? I think I used maybe 1/4 tsp for 2 chicken breasts but did not really taste it!!

Anyway-very good-Thanks for the recipe!!!

charleez Tue, Apr-20-04 20:30

If anyone is still reading through this post, I just recently tried this recipe tonight and it was utterly wonderful. I used splenda rather than brown sugar twin for the sweetener but my goodness, all I can say is

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This recipe is well worth trying...

Charlie Girl

NANCI B Thu, Apr-22-04 10:35

I am glad this thread was refreshed. I had forgotten how good this dish is. I made it again last night for supper, with pork instead. Every time I make it I am surprised that my DH likes it, as he hates peanut butter. He always asks what the dish is called and I say " it is pork with thai sauce". Last night we had it wrapped up in a LC tortilla with some sauted shredded cabbage. I love this recipe!

LisaS Thu, Apr-22-04 15:51

the peanut sauce also makes a great spicy slaw dressing if you are trying to eat more cabbage for its many benefits

galatia Fri, Apr-23-04 11:52

I just got finished eating this, it is very, very good. I fixed my chicken with the garlic and ginger in the crockpot, and when it was done dipped the chicken out and poured sauce mixture over it. Easy and delicious. Thanks, Azure, for posting it.

PecanPie Sat, Apr-24-04 08:10

Hi - We made this last night - added asparagus and red bell peppers plus cut the chicken and stir fried it in 1T hot chili oil and 1T Peanut Oil. It was fabulous. Thanks, PecanPie