Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Gotta Move It, To Lose It! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=151734)

AFwife Mon, Dec-01-03 09:52

Gotta Move It, To Lose It!

Ok, so I've finally decided to start working out. For so long I've used the excuse of, I don't like going to the gym cause people stare. Or, the weather doesn't permit me to go to gym.

Well not anymore. :nono: My DH bought me upon my reguest an Elliptical/Stepper back in early October. I used it for 2 weeks and stopped. What the hell is my excuse now. Surely I have plenty of time in my hands when I'm sitting in front of the computer all the time, right? Well then, let's get in shape then. :yay:

As of tomorrow I'm on the Stepper. I'm shooting for 15 minutes to begin with. Then I plan on bumping it up 5 minutes every week till I'm doing at least 30 minutes non-stop. Gotta remember to warm up first. :wiggle: Don't want to hurt myself now do I? :nono:

Will log in progress tomorrow. Wish me luck ya'll. I know I can do this, cause I Gotta Move It, To Lose It, right?

Lily :)

AFwife Tue, Dec-02-03 02:47

1st day on Stepper

:yay: And a one and a two and a three. Oh goodness, I only got 5 minutes in on this thing. But hey, it's better than not doing it. At least I lost 21.2 calories. It's not alot, but it's a start. I figure it's better than sitting around watching TV, right? :nono:

Will aim for 7 minutes tomorrow. I'm being realistic cause I don't want to get discouraged and stop doing it all together. :agree:

I feel good though. Craving are gone and I feel like exercising again. But first, breakfast.

AFwife Tue, Dec-02-03 09:47

5 more minutes

I have so much energy today that I just had to get back on that Stepper. Ok, so I only could do another 5 minutes, oh and 20 seconds. Hey don't laugh, it makes a difference. :lol: So this time I burned 22.5 calories. :thup:

I weighed myself after I was done and I haven't gained a pound. Well, you know how after eating throughout the day, you weigh yourself and the scale is up cause of the meals you have eaten, not cause you gained weight. Well that's what I mean, it's not even showing my meal weight. I guess I burned it off. :yay:

Can't wait till tomorrow to get back on the stepper. :wiggle:

Lily...feeling good and proud of myself :thup:

AFwife Wed, Dec-03-03 02:43

7 minutes

Whoo Hoo I did 7 minutes on that darn stepper this morning. Burned off 30.2 calories. :thup:

Aiming for another 2 or 3 minutes tomorrow.

Feeling good!

Lily :yay:

AFwife Wed, Dec-03-03 10:23

Couldn't do it

I couldn't do stepper again tonight. :cry:

I made it to 2 minutes and burned 8 calories.

It may be cause I'm tired. Maybe I'm trying to do too much. :nono:

I'm gonna take it easy. Do it once a day 5 days a week. Then everyday bump it up by 2 minutes till I eventually hit an hour. :thup:

Will aim for 9 minutes tomorrow maybe even it out and do 10 minutes.

Wish me luck,

Lily :yay:

AFwife Thu, Dec-04-03 03:08

7 minutes

Did 7 minutes this morning on the Stepper. :yay:

I wanted to try for 10 but just couldn't. But it felt easier than yesterday so that's gotta be good. :thup:

Will try again tomorrow.I'm a bit lightheaded today. :(

Well till tomorrow.

Lily

AFwife Fri, Dec-05-03 09:10

Stiff neck today

No exercise today. Stiff neck.

Will jump right back into it tomorrow. :yay:

Lily

I CAN DO IT! :)

AFwife Sun, Dec-07-03 10:05

Did some walking yesterday instead of the Stepper. My neck is better finally.

Today I didn't do any exercise, well unless house work counts and I think it does. :)

Tomorrow, back on the Stepper. Shooting for 10 minutes.

AFwife Wed, Dec-10-03 04:08

I did some house cleaning yesterday so I know I burned a good amount of calories with that. :yay: I gotta get back to my stepper. Since my neck was stiff I haven't done much of it. :nono:

Lily

AFwife Fri, Dec-12-03 05:11

Still haven't done my exercise's, well, ok not with the stepper. Cause I did burn some calories this morning, thanks to my DH. I won't go into specific's but my DH said my twins are smaller. :lol:

Lily...melting away

AFwife Sat, Dec-13-03 08:21

No elliptical again today. But let me tell you, I've rearranged the furniture in my living room, dining room and maste bedroom, all by my bloody self......still huffing and puffing..... I am so tired and I know I've burned off some serious calories today. Can't wait to tackle the bathroom tomorrow, can't change anything in there but it need cleaning, kitchen as well.

Well cheers,

AFwife Sat, Dec-20-03 13:27

If you burn calories during an activity, that counts as exercise right?

Well just wondering cause DH and I just can't keep our hands off each other lately. :lol: So I'm counting that wonderful work out as exercise. Sorry, can't help myself. :yay:

ItsTheWooo Sat, Dec-20-03 19:44

Those calorie counting thingers on exercise machines are a bunch of hooey... how many calories you burn doing an activity varies widely from individual to individual. Heavier and also leaner people use more energy doing activities than smaller, thinner people.

When I was your weight, I couldn't do more than 5 minutes of any moderately strenuous activity at a time before feeling faint. However, unlike most people, I was also carying around 100 pounds worth of weights while doing it. Don't feel bad, it's totally normal to not be able to do a lot of exercise when really overweight.

Now I walk everywhere, and I don't even "feel" it. Though still pretty out of shape, I can do 30 minutes of walking/running combo cardio and still have plenty of energy.

As you lose it will get easier, so hang in there!

pammiejoe6 Mon, Dec-29-03 15:53

lilly....youre pregnant.

dont overdo anything...i love ya and dont want you to hurt yourself or the baby!! but you can do a little bit here and there....
just thought id drop in to see what you say in your gym log....mines so different which is so funny cuz we're so much a like!
hahaha wow finally found the difference in our programs!
talk to ya soon sugar

mcadeowner Sat, Jan-03-04 16:33

Heyyyyyyyyy AFFFFFFFF
Guhlll let me tell you. I went to that dogone www.virtualmodel.com website right. I put in my goal weight, and the other stuff, and i was like ok, i think i might like being at 250. hehehehehe. I been doing pushups and situps ever since. hehehehehhehe.
Holllllaaaaaaaaaa

JT