Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Gwynne's Exercise Accountability (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=344198)

gwynne2 Tue, Aug-07-07 13:52

Gwynne's Exercise Accountability

I'm two weeks and change into Atkins. My details/stats are in my journal. Decided today was time to go back to exercising. Yikes! Didn't realize just how out of shape I am, unrelated to the weight. It had only been a couple of years since I was last doing weights and using the 'Yourself!Fitness' PC program, but I loaded it up today and was barely making it through the warmup exercises.

We'll call it 15 minutes light cardio and upper body for the day. Heh.

gwynne2 Wed, Aug-08-07 14:30

about 40 minutes beginner yoga.

gwynne2 Thu, Aug-09-07 14:02

Does the stress and anxiety from a job interview count? :)

Suprisingly, I am not at all sore or anything from yesterday's yoga (which was actually 50 mins, I realized after the fact), despite trying my hardest to do the poses correctly (within reason; bad joints). I suppose I may get some DOMS tomorrow, but I'm out of shape enough that I expected to be limping around today.

I may walk on the treadmill a bit later when it cools down. I did like the yoga, though (this was the Dummies/Beginners series with the offensively cute chick), so I'm thinking a regime that involves a little bit of each (some treadmill, some weights, some yoga, some yourself!fiteness) may be a good thing to keep me from getting bored.

However, I may get that job I applied for today, and if so it's going to throw my entire schedule, diet, and workout plans completely out of whack. On the bright side, I'll have a job.

gwynne2 Fri, Aug-17-07 14:14

30 min beginner yoga, 15 min treadmill (wanted to go longer, but knee started bothering me).

gwynne2 Mon, Feb-14-11 19:49

Oh hey, hello gym log.

Previous month: Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred 3X a week.

Today: 45 minutes or so of Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" DVD. I like this one because it's a lot of weights, abs, and floor exercises, and not so much jumping around trying not to aggravate my knee.

gwynne2 Tue, Feb-15-11 20:42

30 minutes of mixed Jillian Michaels workout (some yoga, some abs). Pretty sore in quads/gluts (?) area already. I'm getting mixed info from the internet about working out while still sore.

gwynne2 Wed, Feb-16-11 18:16

30 minutes Jillian Michaels (six-week 6 pack). Three days in a row! I'm not quite to the point of being able to do real pushups, but I can hold myself in 'plank' pose properly and do more of the exercises that start that way.

gwynne2 Sat, Feb-19-11 07:01

45 minutes "No More Trouble Zones" DVD last night.

gwynne2 Sun, Feb-20-11 15:32

Saturday: errands and lots of housework.

Today: 30 Day Shred Level 3 and lots of housework.

gwynne2 Mon, Feb-21-11 16:26

30 Day Shred Level 1 with more or heavier weights.

gwynne2 Wed, Feb-23-11 21:11

30 Day Shred level 3.

gwynne2 Fri, Feb-25-11 17:58

30 Shred Level 3.

gwynne2 Sun, Feb-27-11 21:24

30 Day Shred level 1.

gwynne2 Wed, Mar-02-11 06:19

Last Night: No More Trouble Zones DVD, full workout.
|
Today Mom will be having breast reconstruction surgery after her cancer and I also have a work event tonight I am expected to attend. Next couple of days will be chancy, but I've definitely hit the point where I feel weird if I don't work out at least on alternating days.

gwynne2 Thu, Mar-03-11 19:02

30 day shred level 1, half assed (I'm actually still sore from Tuesday's workout, which I definitely did not half-ass).