Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   10 pounds by Christmas - join me? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=271630)

losingmich Thu, Oct-27-05 18:15

10 pounds by Christmas - join me?

Well,

I need to keep myself motivated and have been trying to think about a reasonable goal for myself.

I want to aim for being 10 pounds thinner when I see my family at Christmas. I want to hear the comments "Wow, you are looking good" and I want to put on an outfit from my closet that will fit great and just skim over my curves (rather than hug them too tightly!) :lol:

I hope there are others out there who want to check in and keep each other going!

Mich

rodmick Thu, Oct-27-05 18:30

Hey there Mich! I'll be glad to join you!

losingmich Fri, Oct-28-05 09:01

Hey Michelle,

Welcome, I'm off to work, but thought that I would quickly say, thanks! for joining me and I will chat more this afternoon. Have a great day and stay on track!

Mich

veronicac Fri, Oct-28-05 09:31

Hey Guys Im In Too Istrted Tues And Going Strong!!!!

losingmich Sun, Oct-30-05 15:52

Surviving Halloween

Hey Veronic and Rodmik

Welcome to our challenge. I think that 10 pounds is reasonable and would really make a difference in my self esteem. I can't wait to feel my trousers fitting more loosely!

I have had a pretty good couple of days, although I was at a Halloween party last night and fell off the wagon with the little chocolate bars. They are just so tempting. I had had a really weigh in yesterday morning and then I wasn't careful during the day and this morning the scale was like 3 pounds heavier! That is crazy! I know that it is probably not for real, but it scared me into being better!

I really need to get my water in everyday too.

What plans are you following? How far along into them are you?

Cheers, Mich

Kd6711 Sun, Oct-30-05 16:34

I'm going to join. We are traveling to my parents for Christmas this year and it's been 8 years since we've all been to visit. Last time I just had my third child 6 weeks earlier so it was OK that I was heavy. But now it's almost 9 years later and I'm still huge! I really need to stay focused. I also want my clothes to flow instead of cling.

rodmick Sun, Oct-30-05 19:14

I had a blowout with wine at night! I'm following the warrior diet plan.
Nice to see a few of us here! I need to concentrate on toning and water big time.

Hybrid Sun, Oct-30-05 19:29

Yeah, I think I can do X pounds by X-Mas.

sanfar Sun, Oct-30-05 19:44

Hi all, I'd like in on this - I have mini goal of 22 lbs, but 10 may be more realistic. Good luck to us all!
Sandra

vampere Mon, Oct-31-05 08:52

My goal was 30 but 10 is probably more realistic for now and more is always better!

veronicac Tue, Nov-01-05 06:51

hi guys how is everyone doing did everyone get threw halloween?i did does anyone take carbcheaters?

rodmick Tue, Nov-01-05 06:56

Made it though halloween unscathed! I wanted a treat and had an Atkins wafer bar.
Never heard of carb cheaters.

sanfar Tue, Nov-01-05 13:27

No problems with me either. Haven't heard of carb cheaters????
Do you mean just taking in wrong carbs? It seems we are off to a good start with our goals although TOM for me, so I won't be weighing for a few days. Just making sure I stick with induction :) Have a great day everyone..........

Sandra

Trinigirl Tue, Nov-01-05 14:19

Hi,
Will join in also. Just call my old gym and I am going to rejoin in the morning.
Thanks
Joy

SugarFluff Tue, Nov-01-05 15:37

I'll join. 10 pounds down by Christmas will be wonderful and have me looking better just in time spend the holiday with my fiancees family.