Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Increasing Mass, losing fat with JJ_Sungirl! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=345343)

JJ_Sungirl Thu, Aug-16-07 16:21

Increasing Mass, losing fat with JJ_Sungirl!

This afternoon, I achieved a personal record. This inspired to a start a gym log, so that I am able to look back and see all of my "iron achievements".

I did 105lbs. on the vertical bench press machine! WOOT! :thup: Next, I did 100lb. bench press on the Smith machine. This is a record I achieved last year and was able to repeat once more. I am going to be working towards pushing past those numbers every two weeks to achieve a strong, healthy lean body.

Just to give you some fitness background on me, if you haven't read my journal: I am a fitness instructor and personal trainer. I teach fitness classes an average of 6 days a week. I don't do extra cardio and I lift weight in between my classes. I have been overtrained in the past, but I am getting better at picking the optimum times to workout in between classes. I teach yoga, bootcamp, indoor cycling and seniors low impact fitness right now. I'm looking forward to getting tighter, leaner and meaner!

JJ_Sungirl Thu, Aug-16-07 16:27

Pec and trap workout

Posting format: weight/reps on each set.

Warm up: R.O.M stretching.

Vertical bench: warm up set: 45/15
Working sets, vertical bench: 90/10, 105/8, 105/6 (105lbs. personal best!!!!)
Smith Machine bench press: 100/5, 100/2, 90/8, 80/5
DB Incline bench: 30/10, 30/10, 30/8
DB shrugs: 35/8, 35/8, 35/7
Pushups on toes: 7, 7, 7

Listened to: Legion Of Boom, Crystal Method. AWESOME!

Tomorrow: Lats.

JJ_Sungirl Fri, Aug-17-07 20:57

Lat/bicep workout

Weight/Reps

cable lat pull down: 90/6, 80/10, 80/8
DB bent over row: 25/12, 25/10, 30/8, 35/6
cable wide grip row: 80/5, 75/8, 75/8, 75/6
straight arm standing lat pulldown: 40/7, 40/7, 40/7
DB bicep curls: 20/6, 15/10, 15/9, 15/9

Listened to KUBE 92.1 Rap station out of Seattle. Awesome stuff, great for working hard on the iron! No personal records today, but a satisfying workout. :D

Tomorrow: Hams/Glutes/Abs

Healthy me Fri, Aug-17-07 21:23

Good for you JJ Sungirl! So you are a arobics instructor? I am a personal trainer trying to cut the fat. How do you eat? What % for fat and protein? I live in vancouver too so it is nice to know other fitness professionals are lcing.

JJ_Sungirl Sat, Aug-18-07 13:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy me
Good for you JJ Sungirl! So you are a arobics instructor? I am a personal trainer trying to cut the fat. How do you eat? What % for fat and protein? I live in vancouver too so it is nice to know other fitness professionals are lcing.

My ratios are about 30c/40p/30f. I find that "veggie-carbing" only doesn't give me energy to workout after my classes. I have to have some oatmeal or LC toast for breakfast! I also eat carbs post workout for muscle growth. I know there are a million theories out there as to why one should eliminate grains and cereals etc..but I can't workout without them. I have tried. This ratio works best for me.

JJ_Sungirl Sat, Aug-18-07 20:00

Hams/Glutes/Abs

Today's workout:weight/reps

DB SLDL: 15/10, 12/10, 12/10
Single leg DB SLDL: 15/10, 12/10, 12/10
Glute kickback on all fours, DB behind knee: 12/10, 12/10, 12/10
Supine ham curl on ball: 3 sets, 12 reps per set, body weight
Lateral crunches: 3 sets, 20 reps per side
Triple set abs: 30 seconds isometric hold/30 seconds crunch/ 30 seconds isometric hold. Did 3 sets, each set equalling 1 and 1/2 minutes.

Listened to : Tony Monaco's Euromix

JJ_Sungirl Sun, Aug-19-07 14:51

Off Day

Today I am just relaxing, no workout. I have the craziest DOMS. DOMS= delayed onset muscle soreness. My last 2 workouts have been really intense and left me feeling blissfully sore. So, today I take a break and get back to it tomorrow night.

Tomorrow: Shoulders and SpinNSculpt class

JJ_Sungirl Tue, Aug-21-07 11:54

Yesterday: Did shoulder workout an spinNsculpt class. Too tired to write workout down, long day.
On the agenda for today: Pectoral workout later on tonight Will post up after it's done.

JJ_Sungirl Tue, Aug-21-07 21:26

No PR's today...totally pooped out

Okay, so today, I was all geared up to go for another PR: 110lbs on the Smith bench. It did NOT happen. I loaded up the plates and went for it. I got the bar 3/4 of the way up on the first rep and then my strength went...down the bar came. Luckily, the Smith has a rail and hooks on the side. I put the bar on the lowest rung and slid out from underneath it. NO GO. So, here's what I did: wt/reps

Smith bench: 100/3, 100/3, 95/3, 90/3 ...oh so terrible...
DB Incline bench: 30/8, 30/7, 30/6, 30/5
DB flat bench: 25/12, 25/10, 25/8
Pec fly machine: 65/7, 65/7, 55/8, 55/8

Note: Got a good burn on the latter exercises. I wished I had finished with pushups instead..note to self. I thought I was well fueled for this workout..I guess not as much as I thought. I will try harder next time.

JJ_Sungirl Wed, Aug-22-07 12:21

Lat day! hurray!

Lat workout: weight/reps
**Note, numbers may be different than last workout, not because I am wussy and can't handle my iron, but because I was at a different gym and the machine weights vary from place to place! ;)

Seated lat pulldown:75/8, 75/8, 75/6
Seated cable row: 60/8, 60/8, 60/8
DB bent over row: 25/10, 25/8, 25/8
Standing narrow grip pulldown: 35/10, 40/8, 40/8, 40/6
**Threw in some bicep curls between sets to kill time:
10/15, 20/8, 20/8, 20/8, 20/6

Listened to: Madonna's Confessions on the Dancefloor.

JJ_Sungirl Thu, Aug-23-07 13:29

Rest day from weight lifting today..all sore..DOMS in Chest and Back. Just doing gentle yoga tonight. For tomorrow, power yoga and Legs.

JJ_Sungirl Sat, Aug-25-07 14:42

I've got the power...

Oh Snap! Forgot to post yesterday! I did teach power yoga in the morning (although I am not sure how empowered I felt) LoL ;) Then, in the evening, I only had time to squeeze in 30 mins. of cardio. Yes, I did cardio my dreaded cardio...yuck! I did upright bike, 30 mins. on level 9. No legs...not enough time for both cardio and weight tranining.

On the agenda for today: some MORE cardio! Can you believe it, I am turning into a freakin' cardio bunny! :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll make the best of it...read my Oxygen mag and have my water and glutamine drink. Empower this! :thup:

JJ_Sungirl Sat, Aug-25-07 20:49

Leaner with every workout!

I am getting leaner with every workout! I am getting leaner with every workout! I am getting leaner with every workout! This is my new mantra...

Today: 30 mins. upright bike. Tomorrow: teaching 1 hr. bootcamp, then 1 hr. yoga classes directly afterward. I am going to be so tired afterward, then off to my other job. This will be the last weekend that I will teaching the 2 classes back to back on sunday mornings, then my schedule changes for the fall.

JJ_Sungirl Sun, Aug-26-07 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Sungirl
Tomorrow: teaching 1 hr. bootcamp, then 1 hr. yoga classes directly afterward.

Done and done...I have a sore left foot...remnants of ongoing plantar fasciitis...gawd..I never get a ##$%** 'in' break from injuries!!!!!!! Ice, massage and stretching for my poor footsie tonight :(

JJ_Sungirl Mon, Aug-27-07 12:28

Tonight I am teaching spinNsculpt class (1.5 hrs. long). This will be my only exercise for today...feet still bothering me.