Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   dreamsicle gelatin dessert (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171764)

2brickie Tue, Mar-09-04 17:55

dreamsicle gelatin dessert

Okay this is a must have for lcing desserts,

1 3oz package sugar free orange flavor gelatin
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

combine gelatin with 1 cup boiling water stirring until well dissolved. add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, stir well. pour into individual dessert cups and refrigerate at least 4 hours until well set. this makes four 1/2 cup servings at 2 grams of carbs per serving.

I use different flavors of jello depending on what i want, and sometimes i double the recipe so i have it on hand. i have used strawberry for strawberries and cream, raspberry, peach is really good, and my kids love the lime and lemon. this is really a great treat when you just need something extra

sassylady Tue, Apr-27-04 20:25

whipping cream

HI... sounds wonderful....
what is heavy whipping cream is it like just whipping cream...? so new to low carb and not sure and dont want to use wrong thing lol and gain instead of losing ...

sassylady...

2brickie Tue, Apr-27-04 20:57

The box I buy is right next to the whipping cream it just says heavy instead of whipping cream. Should be in the milk section

edie Mon, May-17-04 04:12

Does anybody make sugar free jello with SPLENDA do you know?

MyJourney Mon, May-17-04 05:56

I tried this, but I made it with knox and koolaid. I imagine you may need normal jello because it came out really weird!

It wouldnt gel right... mixing it all up it tasted great, but then it all seperated and the bottom tasted like mushy sour orange juice.

any idea on what went wrong? Or do you just have to use a box of jello and not the knox?

2brickie Mon, May-17-04 08:20

I made mine with regular sugar free jello, it does set up in two sections, but mine is a super treat taste great

seira Sat, Sep-18-04 04:11

i like this...its simple but very tasty and a nice change to eating jello with whipped cream.
it does seperate but both layers taste delicious together. yum. :thup:

astrocreep Sat, Sep-18-04 21:55

My version is making whipped cream (not sure of the amount, I guess however much you want lol) and a box of sugar free orange jello (made with 1/2 cup boiling water, dissolve the jello, add another 1/2 cup of cold water then cool completely on the counter cause you dont want it to get firm at all), then whip the cream and fold it into the cooled jello put in tupperware and freeze. It'll look like it's seperating when you mix it but that's ok, just keep mixing it when you get it in the tupperware and again after about an hour in the freezer. It tastes identical to the frozen orange creamsicles. Very very yummy.

jazzfan Sat, Jan-14-06 14:06

Another way to get a dreamsicle taste is to make it like a smoothie:

Dreamsicle Smoothie
4 oz water
2 oz cream
2 oz cream cheese
1 small pkg SF orange Jell-o
2 C. ice
Splenda to taste - I actually didn't use any, but could have

Throw it all into a blender or smoothie maker and blend. It's fast and fabulous!

Total carbs - 4

MyJourney Sat, Jan-14-06 21:28

I made a strawberry creamsicle today. I made strawberry jello like I normally do (I use the speed set method) and then poured some of the cool liquid into a cup. I mixed it with some heavy cream and then topped it off with a little whipped cream I made with the isi whipper. It was a yummy dessert. It was kinda like a smoothie with whipped cream. I think I like it better with orange although if I do make it with strawberry again I may mix the liquid with some frozen berries in the blender with a bit of CC milk and cream and make a full blown frozen smoothie out of it.

JAnn Wed, Jun-01-16 11:27

It's Summertime! Time for Dreamsicles

With the warmer weather here I was looking for some cool treats and I found this thread. I am going to try jazzfan's recipe:

Dreamsicle Smoothie
4 oz water
2 oz cream
2 oz cream cheese
1 small pkg SF orange Jell-o
2 C. ice
Splenda to taste - I actually didn't use any, but could have

Throw it all into a blender or smoothie maker and blend. It's fast and fabulous!

Total carbs - 4

Robin120 Wed, Jun-01-16 12:42

one summer i was on a real kick with this recipe- had almost forgotten it- thanks for reminder. my favorite was lemon jello- reminded me of a lemon meringue pie.

JAnn Wed, Jun-01-16 15:39

I went to town and bought the kool-aid to make my own jello. I think I bought every flavor they had but lemon!! Next time I guess.